Sunday, August 6, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: July 30 - Aug 5


July 30 - August 5

We are finally pretty much settled into our new place and I am loving it!  Life in a single family home is suiting us well.  We still have some organizing and decorating to do but we are all unpacked and moved in and it feels great.  Now it’s time to start getting back into my normal routine and it seemed like sharing a weekly goal update would be a great start.


1. Make healthier food choices.
 I’ve been overall eating pretty healthy now that we’re more settled and not on the go as much.  Healthy choices this week included corn flakes with a banana for breakfast, salads, and one night we had a homemade southwest pork bowl that was delicious.


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
🚫  Not even close!  While I’ve been really active lately, I haven’t done any formal exercise in weeks.  What I have done is pack, clean, unpack, clean some more, organize, decorate, and do tons of other work around the house where I’m up and moving in order to make this place a home.  So while my Fitbit may not have been registering it as exercise, I’ve been getting plenty of steps and burning lots of calories.  And side note: how cute is this image?  I made it with http://www.typographyeditor.com/, which is free and my new favorite thing!


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
 Here’s where I’ve excelled the last few weeks.  Check out the stats:

July 9th - 15th: 84,946 steps
July 16th - 22nd: 112,915 steps 😲
July 23rd - 29th: 81,152 steps
July 30th - August 5th: 74,021 steps

And I even earned the Great Barrier Reef badge for walking 1,600 miles total since getting my Fitbit!  💪


4. Go to sleep earlier.
🚫  Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:57:31 PM.  Working four ten hour days has totally messed up my sleep schedule.  I still have chores and housework to do when I get home so by the time I’m done with everything, it’s already late.  Then having three day weekends gives just enough time to get totally off my routine.  I’m hoping since we go back to five day weeks this week, it will be easier to stay on my normal schedule.

🚫  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 10:59:13PM.  Again, I’ve got to do better here.  Especially because these days, no matter what time I go to bed, I can’t seem to sleep in past 7:00AM.  So if I stay up late, I’m just really tired the rest of the day and overall not getting enough sleep.  I need to really focus on going to bed earlier every day this coming week.


5. Leave some wiggle room.
 It’s never a good thing when work stress, home stress, and PMS hit all at the same time.  I need to eat all the fried things, all the ice cream (Sonic Blast, yum!), and all the chocolate!  😬   But since I’ve been so active, I think it’s sort of evened out.  I can’t keep going like this though or I’ll end up gaining a bunch of weight.



6. Progress towards goal?
 I’ve lost 1.2 pounds since my last weigh in, which was almost a month ago!  All that extra activity really helped.  I’m weighing one pound lower than my goal weight right now so I feel like that’s given me some wiggle room to not worry so much about what I eat but that’s probably not the best outlook.  This is the week I plan to get back on track though and get life back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment