Sunday, August 13, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: August 6 - 12


August 6 - 12

This week was time to start getting back to a more normal routine.  I worked really hard to go to bed earlier and try to get back on track.  I’m not where I want to be yet but I feel like I’m headed in the right direction.


1. Make healthier food choices.
 I’ve been eating okay but I definitely need to make more of an effort to buy more fruit and eat less sweet junk food.  This week’s healthy choices included watermelon, oranges, bananas, carrots, salad, and sandwiches on whole grain bread.


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
🚫  Again, I didn’t get to my exercise goal but I’m slowly getting better each week.  I’m also considering getting a desk cycle because there are days (like Tuesday) where I am so swamped at work that I barely even get up from my desk or chair at meetings and by the time I get home, I’m so mentally exhausted that all I want to do is shower and go to bed.  But for the hours that I’m sitting at my desk, I could be using a desk cycle so that at least I burn more calories than I would if I were just sitting.

Sunday: 10 minutes on stationary bike; 32 minute walk
Monday: 10 minute walk
Tuesday: - -
Wednesday: 20 minute walk
Thursday: 16 minute walk
Friday: - - 
Saturday: - -

Total: 1 hour, 28 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
 I got 10,000 steps six days this week but some days it was a real struggle.  The past week was a long one at work, with three hours of training to attend every afternoon and mornings filled with meetings and pounding at the keyboard at my desk for hours on end.  This coming week isn’t looking any better so I really don’t know how I’m going to get my steps in.  There were days this past week where I purposely got up earlier than I needed to so I would have time to get in some steps before I left for work.  And even on those days, I still struggled to get my steps in.


4. Go to sleep earlier.
 Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:30:44 PM.  This week I really made an effort to go to bed early during the week.  It definitely made a big difference in the rest of my day.  There were far less days where I was sitting in a meeting struggling to stay awake.  I really need to keep it up for next week too.

🚫  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 10:53:43PM.  I wasn’t so successful at going to bed early on the weekend.  I just don’t keep track of time as well on the weekend and before I know it, it’s already late.  I need to focus on this for next week.


5. Leave some wiggle room.
 Having a really stressful week at work didn’t really help with the junk food cravings.  By the end of the week, I was looking for better ways to handle my stress, like doing something nice for someone else instead of gorging on chocolate and ice cream.  


6. Progress towards goal?
 I gained 0.7 pounds this week but I’m still 0.3 pounds under my goal weight.  On Friday when we went grocery shopping, I made an effort to buy more fruit instead of chocolate this time but I also picked up some frozen yogurt for those days when I just really need something sweet and cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment