Friday, August 11, 2017

Outfits of the Week: August 7 - 11


I still don't really feel like I've gotten the hang of photographing my outfits in the new house.  The lighting is weird and casts a shadow on the wall behind me.  You always end up seeing just a piece of the artwork on the wall but not all of it.  And the lavender wall with light switches and cable and phone jacks is not the best for outfit photos.  But then I remind myself that this is real life and I live in a house that is set up as a house and not a photography studio and I guess I just feel okay about the pictures because real life has an imperfect beauty of its own that perfect blogger outfit photos just don't have. #imperfectlyperfect



Monday
Oh, Monday.  This day was such. a. Monday.  I accidentally kicked my cat while getting ready in the pitch black and she ran away and hid for the rest of the morning so I felt horrible all day.  Don't worry, she was fine and we made up as soon as I got home.  My blood sugar was all out of whack Sunday night and I tossed and turned and barely slept and felt awful all night.  Don't worry, by four in the morning, I had things back on track but just got no sleep.  And instead of being able to leave work at 3, I ended up being there until 4:15.  #mondayfreakingsucks but at least my outfit didn't!  I was comfortable this day since I wore shorts under my skirt instead of tights and the elastic waistband made an awful Monday a little more bearable.

denim jacket - Kohl's
neon pink blouse - Papaya
time turner necklace - gift
black casual skirt - Kohl's
black buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes



Tuesday
Tuesday was better than Monday but not any less busy or harried.  I'm trying to remind myself to not get stressed about it and to just take one day at a time but it's not always easy.  But my outfit was comfortable and easy and that's always a bonus to your day.  I've decided this week to handle my stress in a different way.  When I get stressed out, I stop what I'm doing, take a couple of deep breaths, and then do something nice for someone else.  I delivered some personalized chocolate bars, made a phone call to tell someone their hard work is appreciated, and wrote two notes to send to friends telling them to have a great first week with students.  Yup, it was a really stressful week but it just was such a great way to make myself and my other also stressed coworkers feel better.  I've really been enjoying it and today at the store I bought some mini candy bars (100 calorie ones) to use for this purpose.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to get to Target's Dollar Spot to buy some pretty cards to write people encouraging notes.  What are healthy ways you handle stress?

burgundy floral blouse - Papaya
black open blazer - Charlotte Russe
boulder grey essential chinos - Amazon
black skinny belt - Walmart
black captoe pointed toe flats - Payless



Wednesday
I've actually worn this exact same outfit before but it was way back in April so I felt like I could get away with it, especially because I liked it so much the first time.  I did change it up by wearing my hair differently and wearing a coordinating orange and blue plaid bow in my hair.  Speaking of hair, I really need to put in an effort to wear some different hair styles.  I've gotten into a rut of hair down, hair in a bun, repeat.

short sleeve chambray shirt - Kohl's, made short sleeve by me
white drape front blazer - Papaya
cognac skinny belt - Beall's Outlet
chili red pants - JC Penney's
cognac pointed toe flats - Beall's Outlet
plaid hair bow - Rue21



Thursday
I shook up the hair a little but repeated an outfit similar to last week.  I might just love this outfit even more!  I really need to swing by Kohl's soon and check for more blouses like this one.  Now that we've moved, there is a Kohl's just fifteen minutes away and I've driven past it every day for the last week.  I really need to just stop by one day after work or something... not that I need any more clothes though!  😜

coral blouse - Kohl's
white cami secret - Burlington Coat Factory
white cardigan - Kohl's
skinny white belt - Walmart
black essential chinos - Amazon
grey faux suede and snakeskin pointed toe flats - Payless


Friday
I was surprised when I realized I had never worn this blouse with olive before.  It's a great pairing!  Like a pretty little flower, which is perfect since that's what the pattern is.

pink tie neck floral print blouse - Papaya
khaki blazer - Goodwill (Talbot's brand)
brown skinny belt - Walmart
moss essential chinos - Amazon
brown buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes


No comments:

Post a Comment