Sunday, July 9, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: July 2 - 8


July 2 - 8

Still more packing!  How is it that just when I think pretty much everything is packed, I find there’s even more left to box?  Ugh, I can’t wait to finally be moved in and settled again.  We start moving in and cleaning on Saturday of this week and the moving truck and the fellas move the furniture on Tuesday of next week.  The next two weeks are going to be busy and I anticipate that next week I probably won’t have time for a Weekly Goal Update.


1. Make healthier food choices.
 Our house is currently not stocked with as many healthy choices as I’d like just because we didn’t want to buy a bunch of food just to have it go to waste with the move so soon.  And I’m feeling it with my hands and feet retaining water like they used to from all the salt I’m taking in.  I’m quite looking forward to getting settled and being back to healthier eating and not feeling so crummy because I’m eating so crummy.


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
🚫  So close this week but I still didn’t quite make my goal of 150 minutes.  Seven minutes short!

Sunday: 10 minute walk
Monday: 33 minute walk
Tuesday: 51 minute walk
Wednesday: 29 minute walk
Thursday: 10 minute walk
Friday: 10 minute walk 
Saturday: - -

Total: 2 hours, 23 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
 At least I’m getting in 10,000 steps a day consistently.  My weekly total was 71,563 steps and my best day was Tuesday with 10,615 steps.


4. Go to sleep earlier.
🚫  Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 10:11:44PM.  My entire bed time schedule this week was thrown off thanks to the Fourth of July holiday and a few rotten neighbors who think it’s acceptable to set off fireworks in a highly populated residential area at all hours of the day and night the entire week.  And the glorious thing about living in a townhouse is that the explosions are literally feet away from your bed.  Have I mentioned I’m looking forward to moving?

🚫  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 11:05:41PM.  More explosions and loud music… thanks, neighbors.



5. Leave some wiggle room.
 I tried to eat less junk food this week but I definitely feel like I failed there just because what we have left in our house to eat is mostly the nonperishable stuff in our pantry that I normally try to avoid.  Also, what’s the Fourth of July without hotdogs and potato chips?


6. Progress towards goal?
 I gained 1.4 pounds again this week so I’m right about where I want to keep my weight.  I actually wouldn’t be surprised if I lose a little just because the next two weeks will be so busy with cleaning, packing, moving, unpacking, and getting the new house all set up.  Hopefully things can start feeling normal again soon though!

No comments:

Post a Comment