Monday, July 3, 2017

Empties: April - June 2017


Three months worth of empties!  I guess that happens when life is busy.  I sort of forgot all about these until I used something up the other day and went to toss it in my empties bin and thought to myself that I really didn't want to have to move a bunch of empty garbage items so now seemed like a great time to share them.  And anything that gets finished in the last two weeks before the move will just be going straight into the recycle bin or trash can.



Skin Care:
1. Equate 2-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths - I use these to remove makeup at the end of the day.  I don't like the Equate ones as much as the Olay but they are a lot less expensive.
2. Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser - This is my face wash of choice.  It's inexpensive, easily accessible, and works really well for my sensitive skin.
3. Up & Up Baby Hair & Body Wash - Again, this product is great for my sensitive skin.  My skin seems to dislike any sort of harsh cleansers but if it's good enough for baby, it usually works well for me too.
4. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes - I used this small pack when I traveled to Boston.  I used these sort of towelettes to remove any leftover eye makeup that creeps up while I sleep.  Waterproof mascara is usually pretty hard to completely remove at night when I wash my face so these take care of that issue.
5. Top Care Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes X2 - Same purpose as above.  These incredibly inexpensive ones from Top Care are my favorite.  They get the job done at half the price or less of name brand towelettes and they don't irritate my eyes at all like some brands do.
6. SPF Rx Ultra Clear Daily Skin Hydrator SPF 50 - This item was sent in my Ipsy Glam Bag for June and I loved it!  It was a great moisturizer with a high SPF that actually didn't irritate my skin like most SPFs do.  I would order this online in full size if we weren't about to move.  Maybe after we're all settled in the new house?
7. Cerave Eye Repair Cream - This is my go to under eye cream.  It's moisturizing without feeling greasy and it's affordable.



Hair Care:
1. Not Your Mother's Double Take Dry Finish Texture Spray - Love this stuff!  If you can't tell, I'm a big fan of the NYM line of products.  This spray gives my roots some life without being too heavy.
2. Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray - I love this product for when I style overnight waves in my hair.  It's also great to add some grip to second day hair when you want to do an updo.
3. Garnier Fructis Root Amp Root Lifting Spray Mousse - I use this stuff every time I wash my hair to add body to my limp roots.  It works great!
4. Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo - Dirty hair?  Don't care!  This stuff is the best dry shampoo I've found and it's super cheap and easy to get ahold of, even if it does leave a white cast in my dark hair.
5. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist - This is another product that I love!  I've used this deep conditioner two to three times a week for most of my life.  It helps keep my hair manageable, especially now that it's getting pretty long.



Makeup:
1. e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set - This is a great setting mist for just eliminating that powdery look.  However, I've been experimenting with a couple of other ones lately that give me a more natural, slightly glowy look and I've been enjoying them a lot too.
2. Covergirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara in Very Black - This mascara is so good, especially for the heat, humidity, and constant downpours that accompany summertime in Florida.  I'm almost out of the tube I have right now and I really want to repurchase it again but I have so many other waterproof ones already open that I'm forcing myself to use them up first.  But I really just want to use this one because it's so waterproof, very black, and gives me great length and volume without flaking.  It's basically perfect.
3. Carmex Original Lip Balm - I have this stuff everywhere!  I never leave home without my trusty Carmex and if I do, you bet I'll be buying it at the first store I see.  It keeps my lips moisturized and only costs a buck.  Add a tiny dab on over lipstick and you have an instant shine.

That's it for my empties for the last few months.  I think the only thing I'll be finishing that you might not see before our move is a can of NYM dry shampoo and another tube of Lash Blast mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment