Sunday, June 4, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: May 28 - June 3


May 28 - June 3

This week was absolutely crazy!  We’ve been painting, cleaning, and decluttering our house before the real estate agent comes over to talk to us about the possibility of selling.  That’s been a full time job this week because our house was in desperate need of some TLC.  Then we celebrated our wedding anniversary this week as well.  House work has taken top priority over going to bed early and exercising so let’s break down just how bad this week was for my goals.


1. Make healthier food choices.
 I’m kind of proud of how well I was still able to eat even while being so busy.  It’s easy to do so when your panty and fridge are stocked with quick healthy options like strawberries, pineapple, grapes and carrots!


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
 Another week of no treadmill.  I’m starting to wonder if it’s ever coming.  And if we do decide to sell our house it’s going to stay in the box until we move.  I also feel like all this cleaning and painting should count as exercise because I certainly wouldn’t have gotten as many steps this week without all that extra work!

Sunday: 46 minute walk
Monday: 39 minute walk
Tuesday: 23 minute walk
Wednesday: 18 minute walk
Thursday: 27 minute walk
Friday: 23 minute walk
Saturday: --

Total: 2 hours, 56 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
 Every day this week was 10,000 steps or more.  Thanks to the massive amount of painting and cleaning I did on Friday after work, I racked up 15,144 steps!  My total for the week was 83,448 which is 13,448 steps over my goal for the week!  Wow!


4. Go to sleep earlier.
🚫  Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:45:14PM.  Too many nights staying up trying to decide if we do or don’t want to sell.  Being an adult and making adult decisions is hard.

🚫  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 11:31:31PM.  I blame cleaning and painting on this.  There’s just so much to do and not enough hours in the day!



5. Leave some wiggle room.
 I drank a lot of diet soda this week in a feeble attempt to compensate for my lack of sleep.  It didn’t really help!  And for our anniversary, we had some yummy cheesecake bites.  They are from Archer Farms (available at Target) and are so so good!


6. Progress towards goal?
 I lost another 0.2 pounds this week and am somehow now a pound below my goal weight.  I think it’s probably just from all the activity I’ve been doing this week considering that I really wasn’t all that focused on eating well or exercising.  But being more active helps burn more calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment