Sunday, June 11, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: June 4-10


June 4 - 10

Another crazy week!  More cleaning, meeting with the bank, realtors, photographers, marketing, viewing houses, listing our house, and clearing the house for showings.  Hopefully this house sells for what we’re hoping it will.  I tell you though, buying and selling a home is stressful business.  Let’s see how I did with my goals while dealing with all the stress and madness.


1. Make healthier food choices.
 I was so busy this week I barely had time to think about junk food.  I ate healthy for the most part because I was too busy to think much about what I was eating and just grabbed for the healthy stuff we had in stock.


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
🚫  We finally got ahold of the treadmill company and cancelled our order.  Apparently it shipped partway to us, got damaged, and then they cancelled the order without ever telling us so we just decided to wait until we know where we’ll be living before trying that again!  While I was really busy this week, I got very little “official” exercise.

Sunday: - -
Monday: - -
Tuesday: - -
Wednesday: 28 minute walk
Thursday: 43 minute walk
Friday: 22 minute walk
Saturday: - -

Total: 1 hour, 34 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
 I got way more steps than that just from being so busy with all the cleaning, prepping and other work to get our house ready to show.  Sunday I got 17,317 steps just by cleaning and painting and Monday I got 18,089 doing the same.  I even got 15,913 steps on Friday!  Holy cow!  While I got less official exercise this week, I was definitely way more active than normal with a total step out of 95,041.


4. Go to sleep earlier.
🚫  Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:54:52PM.  Too much to do and not enough time to do it!

🚫  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 10:54:15PM.  One night staying up until after midnight getting everything finished up kicked our butts.


5. Leave some wiggle room.
 Another week of using caffeine as a substitute for sleep.  I hope things slow down soon but I don’t see that happening any time in the near future.  Meanwhile, I need to just go to bed earlier.  Then there was also Friday night, where we were exhausted, had nothing for dinner, and pigged out on Taco Bell.  Nom.



6. Progress towards goal?
 This week I lost another 0.6 pounds, which means I’m down about a pound and a half below my goal weight.  I plan on pigging out a bit in the next week to try to get back up to weight because right now all my pants are falling off of me and I don't want to buy all new pants!  All the additional activity without many more additional calories probably contributed to my weird weight loss the last couple of weeks.  I don’t anticipate that sticking around though, because I have to travel for work for the next two days and the company has paid for all of our meals and you know they’re going to be good.  I plan on indulging in hopes of getting my weight back up where I want it.  Overly baggy pants are not flattering.

No comments:

Post a Comment