Sunday, June 25, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: June 18 - 24


June 18 - 24

With only three weeks left being in our current house full time, the name of the game this week has been packing and purging.  There is currently a knee high stack of flat boxes in our dining room and a healthy supply of packing tape.  We can officially move in on July 15th but our plan is to spend that weekend cleaning and moving in smaller items and then the fellas and the moving truck will move the rest of our furniture and larger items during the week.


1. Make healthier food choices.
 This week was a crazy mix of making good choices and eating junk while on the road.  I had several trainings today where lunch was either provided or we were on the road at lunch time.  I ate healthy where I could an indulged in tacos and fried foods a couple of times as well.


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
🚫  Most of my activity lately has been packing and cleaning but I did manage to get in some walking in the evening after sitting all day at work.  And while I paced in my house, I had time to think about all the things I need to get done before the move.  That might sound like a bad thing, but walking gave me time to focus on some tasks I needed to complete and work some things out in my mind while moving.  It’s actually been pretty therapeutic but I still haven’t gotten to my two and a half hour total.  That goal may have to wait until life slows down.

Sunday: 16 minute walk
Monday: 16 minute walk
Tuesday: 13 minute walk
Wednesday: 23 minute walk
Thursday: 49 minute walk
Friday: - - 
Saturday: - - 

Total: 1 hour, 59 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
 Ten thousand steps every day this week!  Just barely ten thousand but at least I got 10,751 on Thursday and a total step count for the week of 71,256.


4. Go to sleep earlier.
 Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:20:49PM.  One night I went to bed at 8:30!  I was just really tired and happy to be able to sleep in my own bed after all the exhaustion of last week.

🚫  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 10:50:12PM.  While I would have been more than happy to go to bed early every night of the weekend too, noisy neighbors had other ideas.  Have I mentioned I’m looking forward to moving?


5. Leave some wiggle room.
 All the fried foods!  I’ve been really craving deep fried junk and since I’m trying to gain a little weight, I figured now was a good time to indulge.  It’s funny though, I definitely can’t eat as much as I used to.


6. Progress towards goal?
 I didn’t lose or gain any weight this week so I guess that’s good.  I definitely am not going to start eating fried food all the time though… boy did my stomach hurt afterward!  Maybe I need to try to get more calories in by eating more fruit now instead of junk until I’m back to the weight I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment