Sunday, June 18, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: June 11-17


June 11 - 17

My life could slow down any time now and that would be great!  Within forty-eight hours of listing our house, we were under contract.  And all of that happened while I was in Boston for work!  Now we need to find a place to move to and fast!  We’ve decided to rent in the area we think we would like to buy to be sure we’re happy there before we commit to buying, since the area is an hour away from where we’re currently living and that’s a big change.  So now we’re on the hunt for a house to rent.  I also moved offices this week from one town to another and we’ve started the process of purging our belongings and packing them all up.



1. Make healthier food choices.
 I tried to make good choices this week while traveling by grabbing healthier snacks at the airport like bananas and watermelon.  By I also ate my fair share of junk because when your plane gets delayed and your next flight is boarding, hunting down fruit takes more time than grabbing Chic-Fil-A!  So this week was a real mix of healthy and total junk.


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
🚫  Exercise has just not been a priority lately with all the other things we’ve had to do.  But I squeezed in a bit while doing all the other crazy things this week.  Particularly, on Sunday while our house was being shown to prospective buyers, we went to the mall and just walked around.  I also made a point to walk to dinner in Boston on Monday instead of taking the shuttle.

Sunday: 41 minute walk
Monday: 11 minute walk
Tuesday: - -
Wednesday: - -
Thursday: - - 
Friday: - - 
Saturday: 36 minute walk

Total: 53 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
 Once again, I nailed this goal with 10,000 steps seven days this week.  My best day was Sunday with 15,628 steps.  My total for the week was 79,795 steps.


4. Go to sleep earlier.
🚫  Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 10:40:23PM.  But to be honest, the real story is worse than that.  Sunday night we got our first offer on the house and things got real very fast and I could not fall asleep until almost 2AM and I had to get up for my flight at 3:30!  Then a late night on Monday in Boston because of our late dinner and a late night on Tuesday because our flight home was so late meant I was exhausted all week.  Luckily, I’m on four ten hour work days for the summer and I got to sleep in a little on Friday before taking our kitty to the vet for oral surgery.  She’s fine but just had some bad teeth because she’s getting old.

  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 10:18:24PM.  All that madness during the week meant I was ready to sleep this weekend.  I went to bed early every night and woke up pretty early too so I’m hoping I’ll be able to slide right back into my weekday schedule tonight.  


5. Leave some wiggle room.
 Caffeine and junk food were the story of this week!  The company that flew us out to Boston spoiled us with an amazing and delicious five course meal including filet minion.  I also indulged in a feast of fried appetizers at a retirement party and also inhaled a Chic-Fil-A fried sandwich and waffle fries on my way to our last flight.  I ordered a fried chicken sandwich and fries at Outback with my hubby and by the middle of the week was feeling really lousy!  It’s amazing how what you eat and drink really affects how you feel and I was quite happy to be back home and get back to drinking more water and eating healthier food.


6. Progress towards goal?
 This week I lost another 1.0 pound.  I’m not even really sure how because I ate so much garbage.  I know I wasn’t actively exercising but I’ve still been really active with purging and packing so maybe that’s it?  Or maybe stress?  I’m not going to worry too much about it because I know I’ll probably gain whatever I’m losing as soon as we get into a more settled and normal life again but it’s something I’m trying to monitor because I don’t want to lose too much weight and put myself into an unhealthy place.  There’s a fine balance between healthy weight loss and too much weight loss.  Plus all my pants are falling off of me now and I do not want to buy a bunch of new pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment