Friday, June 23, 2017

Outfits of the Week: June 19-22


Another week of outfits and another week of life gone by.  We found a house to rent this week so that took one stress off of my plate which was quickly replaced with another when we got a phone call from our vet that our kitty who had oral surgery last week has aggressive and inoperable cancer.  There is nothing we can do but love her, spoil her, and remember the fact that she has had a long and happy life with us.  She is eating and playing just fine right now but it is heartbreaking to know that her time with us is ticking away.  It makes taking pictures of outfits and sharing them feel silly but I just need something normal in my life right now to distract me from the sadness.


Monday
I loved this outfit!  It's really simple but I just felt so slim and chic in it.  I feel like I always love outfits I put together with these pants so maybe I need to wear them more often.

navy zip back blouse - Vanity Fair Outlet
charcoal cardigan - Papaya
cognac skinny belt - Beall's Outlet
chili red skinny pants - JC Penney
taupe pointed toe flats - Payless


Tuesday
This white blouse drives me crazy.  For some reason, the ruffles on the sleeves always turn the wrong way and no matter what, they will not stay in the correct position.  It's fine when I'm wearing something over top but when I wear the blouse by itself, myself and everyone around is constantly trying to turn them the other way.  

white ruffle sleeve blouse - Papaya
black bead necklace - Walmart
black 3/4 cardigan - Boscov's
black skinny belt - Beall's Outlet
cabernet essential chinos - Amazon
faux suede and snakeskin pointed toe flats - Payless 


Wednesday
This outfit is simple but I liked that the polka dot belt added just a little more interest.  Lately I've really been enjoying wearing my skinny belts for some reason and this one is particularly cute.

pink tie neck blouse - Kohl's
black cardigan - Banana Republic Factory
black and white polka dot skinny belt - Walmart
light fawn essential chinos - Amazon
black pointed toe cap toe flats - Payless


Thursday
I tell you, layers are the way to go in Florida.  We had a training to attend this morning and the room could not have been more than 65 degrees Fahrenheit.  We were all freezing and they were passing out jackets and sweaters.  I put on the raincoat in my backpack and my cardigan, and while I was still cold, I wasn't in as bad of shape as most others.  Then when we got back to our office, I had a huge heap of moving boxes that a coworker gave me that I had to load into my car in the sweltering summer heat so I shed the cardigan and was hot but not unbearably so.  A simple cardigan thrown in your bag makes such a difference!

black blouse with pink and red flowers - Papaya
red cardigan - Kohl's
black skinny belt - Beall's Outlet
boulder gray essential chinos - Amazon
black cap toe pointed toe flats - Payless

No comments:

Post a Comment