Friday, June 16, 2017

Outfits of the Week: June 12 - 15


At this point I feel like it's redundant to say it was a crazy week but it definitely was!  I spent Monday and Tuesday in Boston for work.  During the time that I was gone, we received three offers to buy our house and accepted one!  We're now under contract.  When I went back to work on Wednesday, I unpacked and moved into my new office and Thursday I worked all day and then went to a retirement party.  Since this week started our summer work hours, we worked ten hours Monday through Thursday and are off on Friday.  I wish I could say that Friday was slower but we had to take my cat to the vet for surgery to remove some bad teeth.  Busy!


Monday
Day one of travel consisted of a 7:00AM flight to Boston.  I knew time would be tight so I took Monday and Tuesday's pictures in advance.  Then I ended up having to change my shirt at the last minute on Monday because I spilled something on it!  It turned out later to just be water but I didn't have time to investigate before heading to the airport to catch my early flight.  I wanted something that was comfortable for two early morning flights and a long day of meetings but still looked semi professional and able to be layered.  Chinos, loose blouse, boat shoes, and a cardigan to toss over and I was out the door.

burgundy blouse - Beall's Outlet
mineral blue essential chinos - Amazon
grey cardigan - Kohl's
nautical stripe boat shoes - Amazon


Tuesday
Another day of meetings and flights so I wanted the same sort of outfit.  I recycled the cardigan so I didn't have to pack as much, since we were only allotted a carry on and personal item.

black and white shatter blouse - Kohl's
grey cardigan - Kohl's
moss essential chinos - Amazon
black and white boat shoes - Amazon



Wednesday
After several nights in a row of very little sleep, I was exhausted this day and still had to go to work so I wanted more comfy clothes.  Chinos and boat shoes!

navy pintuck blouse - H&M
brown buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
walnut essential chinos - Amazon
nautical stripe boat shoes - Amazon



Thursday
And on Thursday I was to dress in a theme for a retirement party: black and white!  Since the party was outside, it was easy to remove the cardigan and be party ready.

black and white blouse - Papaya
black skinny belt - Beall's Outlet
black essential chinos - Amazon
black captoe pointed toe flats - Payless

Bonus!  Some pictures from my trip to Boston!


No comments:

Post a Comment