Sunday, May 14, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: May 7 - 13

May 7 - 13


Can you believe this was the nineteenth week of 2017?  Crazy!  This year is going by so fast.  Let’s break down my past week and see how things are working out for me with no treadmill to help make it easy to get in my steps.


1. Make healthier food choices.
 I tried to do well with eating this week but again, busy days often lead to bad choices.  But for the most part I did pretty well.  I’m continuing to eat fruits like grapes, watermelon, plums, and pineapple for dessert.  And for the most part, I did okay with the other choices I made as well and I went out to eat less this past week.


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
 It was seriously so much more difficult to get exercise in without having a treadmill!  It just goes to show how much I had come to rely on it and how much use I was getting out of it.  Luckily, we ordered a brand new one from proform.com (this one) and hopefully it will be here within the next two weeks.  I still have the stationary bike and it works just fine but it’s a much more intense workout and sometimes I just want to go for a jog!  Unfortunately, it’s been in the upper 80s and low 90s already here and it’s just too hot for me to run without getting overheated.  Also, the stationary bike seriously hurts my behind!  I have this cover but I think I need a gel one too.

Sunday: 40 minute walk
Monday: --
Tuesday: 34 minute walk
Wednesday: 20 minute walk 
Thursday: 15 minutes on stationary bike 
Friday: 20 minute walk; 15 minutes on stationary bike
Saturday: 11 minute walk

Total: 2 hours, 35 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
 I hit and passed this goal with 10,000 steps every day this week!  And thanks to a busy day at work and some exercise on Thursday, I racked up a whopping 15,030 steps.  Go me!


4. Go to sleep earlier.
 Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:27:39PM.  I feel like I’m finally starting to get into a rhythm of going to bed early on weeknights.  Sometimes I still feel tired because I’m such a light sleeper but it’s a step in the right direction!  And it only took nineteen weeks to get there.  😜

  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 10:27:13PM.  It looks like maybe I’m starting to get used to going to bed earlier on the weekends too.  I guess it helps that now that the sun is rising earlier, I’m waking up earlier too so I’m tired early.


5. Leave some wiggle room.
 I’ve taken to drinking zero calorie Arizona teas on the days we walk to the store at lunch.  It’s only one dollar, it doesn’t add any calories, and the 23 oz can is lower in sodium than a 20 oz bottle of Diet Dr Pepper (10 mg in 240 mL vs 35mg in 240 mL, respectively).  But the most junky things I had were pizza, frozen yogurt, and a candy bar on one particularly stressful day walking to the store.


6. Progress towards goal?
🚫  How is it that all week my weight is looking pretty good and then on weigh in day, I weigh in higher than I have all the rest of the week?  It’s disheartening!  I know weight can fluctuate quite a bit from day to day but how did I gain a pound from what I weighed two days ago?  Then somehow the next day I weigh 0.6 pounds less?  Argh, it’s so frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment