Sunday, May 28, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: May 21 - 27


May 21 - 27

There were lots of celebrations happening this week at work: an end of the school year appreciation party, an ice cream social, a good bye party, and a double birthday celebration as well.  I tried to find a happy middle ground where I could still participate in the festivities without going overboard.  I think I did pretty well!


1. Make healthier food choices.
 I wasn’t 100% perfect with every choice I made this week, but I really tried to find a balance of enjoying food while not overindulging.  I ate a lot of fruit again and this week included watermelon, grapes, mandarins, and bananas.  Fruit is so yummy!


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
 Still no treadmill this week!  I’m getting really annoyed with how long it’s taking to get here.  Meanwhile, I’ve started using the stopwatch on my phone to try to motivate myself to keep walking.  I got in way more exercise this week just by tracking the time.

Sunday: 45 minute walk
Monday: 21 minute walk
Tuesday: 30 minute walk; 11 minute walk
Wednesday: 58 minute walk
Thursday: 20 minute walk
Friday: 27 minute walk
Saturday: 38 minute walk

Total: 4 hours, 10 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
 Another week of 10,000 steps every day!  My best day was Wednesday with 12,384 steps and my total for the week was 75,599 steps.


4. Go to sleep earlier.
 Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:16:49PM.  After working six days last week, I was so tired that all I wanted to do all week was sleep.

🚫  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 11:01:35PM.  I guess when the weekend came I was ready to live it up!  I’m so happy it’s a long weekend but I need to try to go to bed earlier tonight so I don’t throw off my sleep schedule too much.


5. Leave some wiggle room.
 I didn’t remember to take a picture of all the junk I ate this week because most of it was at all the parties I went to and I was too busy socializing to take photos.  I passed on the cake and cupcakes but I indulged myself with: diet soda, pizza, a brownie, ice cream, and a few lunches out.


6. Progress towards goal?
 I seriously do not understand how weight works because I’m quite surprised to see that I’ve lost a good bit this week.  Although I guess maybe the extra exercise could have contributed to that?  Who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment