Sunday, May 21, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: May 14 - 20


May 14 - 20
This past week though… ugh.  I worked twelve hours on Wednesday and six hours on Saturday and I am just so done.  And being so busy led to some not so hot choices (lots of caffeine and eating out) but somehow I ended the week better than I started with weight.  Not really sure how that worked but I guess I’ll take it.  Let’s break it down.


1. Make healthier food choices.
 While every choice I made this week wasn’t the best (pizza and french fries, I’m talking to you), I did make an effort to snack on more fruit and less junk.


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
 I’m really hoping our treadmill gets delivered this week!  It’s been so hard to get in exercise without it, especially on days where I’m sitting in meetings all day at work and can’t get many steps in during the day.  But I persevered and was still able to just squeeze in enough exercise to make my goal this week.

Sunday: 50 minute walk
Monday: 21 minutes on the stationary bike
Tuesday: 16 minute walk
Wednesday: 13 minute walk
Thursday: 10 minute walk
Friday: 11 minute walk
Saturday: 7 minute run; 28 minutes of yoga

Total: 2 hours, 36 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
 Ten thousand steps every day this week!  And on Tuesday, I got 13,222 steps since I had a busy day at work and had to run errands after work also.  I racked up a total of 76,815 steps for the week.


4. Go to sleep earlier.
🚫  Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:55:06PM.  Just when I thought I had gotten into a groove of going to bed early, a crazy busy week ruins it.  I really need to get back on track for the coming week.  I really felt tired all week which led to me drinking a lot more soda for the caffeine and also making some bad choices with food.  When I’m tired I just feel like it’s harder to have the will power to resist junk.

  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 10:05:52PM.  Although this was kind of silly this week since I worked Saturday.  I only had one actual weekend night and I was so tired I had no issues going to bed early.


5. Leave some wiggle room.
 This week I switched up the Arizona tea for diet soda.  All the sodas I drank aren’t even pictured here along with several days of pizza, M&Ms, and some irresistible French fries.  Not the best of choices.


6. Progress towards goal?

 I’m not sure how this happened but I somehow managed to end the week lighter than last week.  Coincidence?  Because it doesn’t seem like it was related to the food choices I made.  Either way, I’ll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment