Sunday, May 7, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: April 30 - May 6


April 30 - May 6
This week started out just fine and then got progressively worse as the week went on.  It culminated with the realization Saturday that our treadmill is dead after apparently getting a surge during a storm earlier this week when stupid me left it plugged in.  And did I mention I also had to work on Saturday?  Not a happy camper right now but at least I did okay with my health goals for the week.  Let's break down this eighteenth week of the year.


1. Make healthier food choices.
✅  I did much better this past week at making healthy food choices than the previous week.  I really tried to focus on eating fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth and it honestly worked out really well!  I filled up on grapes, watermelon, bananas, and apples instead of frozen yogurt and chocolate.  And when I was craving a salty treat, I had one of my favorite pre-made salads from Publix: the Kickin' BBQ Style salad.  So good!  A little high in sodium for a salad but probably still better for me than the chips and dip I really want!


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
✅  A combination of treadmill, stationary bike, and lunch break walks to the corner store made up my exercise for the past week.  Not looking forward to trying to figure out how to get my steps in now that our treadmill is dead.  πŸ˜”  We're already looking into buying a new one but this time I think we'll skip the used market and just buy the one we want!  And also a high quality surge protector... 😳

Sunday: 32 minutes on the treadmill & 6 minutes on the stationary bike
Monday: 19 minute walk during lunch & 18 minutes on the treadmill
Tuesday: 20 minutes on the treadmill (jogging!)
Wednesday: 20 minute walk & 21 minutes on the treadmill
Thursday: 20 minute walk
Friday: 28 minute walk
Saturday: --

Total: 3 hours, 4 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
✅  Ten thousand every day this week!  And on Friday, I went above and beyond with 11,739 steps.  Kicked this goal's butt!


4. Go to sleep earlier.
✅  Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:27:44PM.  After such long and rough days at work, all I wanted to do was go to sleep and start over again the next day so early bedtimes weren't too hard for me.

  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 10:25:56PM.  Knowing that I had to get up early to go to work on Saturday made going to bed early easier.  And Saturday night I was so tired I was struggling to stay awake even that late.


5. Leave some wiggle room.

✅  This week's wiggle room went to drinks, pizza, and breakfast.  Since we've been walking to the corner store so often on our lunch breaks, I switched up my Diet Dr. Pepper reward for a diet green tea.  It's cheaper, bigger, and better for my stomach without all the carbonation that was giving me some serious heartburn anyway.  Then we had a breakfast with the team one day at Maple Street Biscuit and I opted for the slightly less bad for you plain biscuit with apple butter instead of the biscuits and sausage gravy that everyone else got.


6. Progress towards goal?
✅  This week's choices lead to a weight loss of 0.2 pounds (9.4 pounds total) and hopefully by next Saturday I can get back down to my goal weight.  The next few weeks are going to be a little harder too now that I don't have a working treadmill to rely on for exercise.  πŸ˜­  I still have the stationary bike but it's honestly much harder of a workout and harder to sustain for me than the treadmill.  I can't wait to get a replacement!

No comments:

Post a Comment