Friday, May 19, 2017

Outfits of the Week: May 15 - 19


This week was all about layering.  As it gets hotter here in Florida, I'm finding myself switching back and forth between my layers often.  In the air conditioning, a sweater or blazer comes out but as soon as I have to walk outside (which is anywhere from 2-10 times a day) the outer layer comes off.  So I thought it might be nice to start sharing both looks.



Monday:
I started out the week in a cute skirt this time.  And it turned out to be my favorite outfit!  This is a new blouse and I just love the way the fabric drapes.  It looks lovely tucked in or free flowing.

burgundy blouse - Beall's Outlet
white cami secret - Burlington Coat Factory
white cardigan - Kohl's
skinny white belt - Walmart
navy skirt - Kohl's
cognac pointed toe flats - Beall's Outlet


Tuesday
What I thought I was going to be doing this day at work and what I ended up doing turned out to be totally different things but this outfit worked for both hanging out getting work done on my laptop and also packing and organizing materials in the warehouse as well.  Multi-purpose!

burgundy floral blouse - Papaya
olive blazer - Amazon
brown belt - Beall's Outlet
light fawn essential chinos - Amazon
brown buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes



Wednesday
This day I had to wear pink for an after work family event and I also needed to be professional for a meeting early in the day.  And I knew it was going to be a long day (over twelve hours, ugh) so I wanted something comfortable.  Enter in simple pieces with a pop of pink in the cardigan.  It did the trick!

pink cardigan - Belk
white button down - Beall's Outlet
crystal flower necklace - Papaya
black madden girl belt - Beall's Outlet
black essential chinos - Amazon
grey faux suede and snakeskin pointed toe flats - Payless



Thursday
This outfit was built around the pattern in the blouse.  I pulled the navy out with the blazer and the darker rose color with the cabernet pants.  I love how it worked out!

blush tie neck floral blouse - Papaya
navy blazer - Amazon
olive skinny belt - Kohl's
cabernet essential chinos - Amazon
taupe pointed toe flats - Payless


Friday
If this shirt looks familiar, it might be from one of the times like this when I used to wear it often.  But in my current job and wardrobe situation, it gets way more use as a short sleeve shirt so I altered it to take up the sleeves.  I did this with several of my shirts recently and saved them from the to be donated bag.  It's like getting new shirts for free!

mint plaid button down - Kohl's
white draped open front blazer - Papaya
brown belt - Beall's Outlet
mineral blue essential chinos - Amazon
brown buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment