Friday, May 5, 2017

Outfits of the Week: May 1 - 5


Happy Cinco de Mayo!  This week at work was so tiring and it's not even over yet for me.  I have to work tomorrow too.  Boo!  I'm so tired.  I just want to sleep.  Let's get on with the roundup of this week's work outfits so I can get to bed.


Monday
This outfit was perfect in the massive temperature fluctuations I experienced while wearing it.  It was a super hot day so while I was outside, I took the cardigan off and had a nice breezy top and in the frigid air conditioning, the cardigan kept me warm.  This is an outfit where very classic and basic pieces just came together to make something I really enjoyed both in form and function.

black pintuck blouse - Sears
black madden girl belt - Beall's Outlet
light fawn essential chinos - Amazon
black captoe pointed toe flats - Payless



Tuesday
I love this blazer but I just didn't love this outfit.  I just don't really love the blouse.  The fit is great but I just think I really care for the pattern.  I think I prefer small, delicate prints like this fox blouse.  This print is large and loud.  I may start to look for something in a similar color to replace it that I like more.

floral pink blouse - Kohl's
hot pink blazer - Amazon
black madden girl belt - Beall's Outlet
boulder gray essential chinos - Amazon
black captoe pointed toe flats - Payless


Wednesday
I had a really important work meeting this day and I wanted to look my most professional so I went with a blazer (so many blazers lately, I love it!) and my pointed toe loafers.  I felt confident with my clothes and the meeting went great!  Double win.

navy and beige tie neck blouse - Papaya
white striped cuff blazer - Papaya
wine belt - Cato
moss essential chinos - Amazon
taupe pointed toe flats - Payless



Thursday
This blouse is the same style as the one I wore on Tuesday and I feel pretty similarly about it.  I like the fit and shape but I just don't care at all for this large print.  I'll probably stop by Papaya soon and see if I can find a replacement for this too.  I find black and white tops to be really versatile but I always find myself steering away from this particular one because I feel like the print is too big for my small frame.  Live and learn, right?

black and white blouse - Kohl's
black striped cuff blazer - Papaya
black madden girl belt - Beall's Outlet
chili red pants - JC Penney
black captoe pointed toe flats - Payless


Friday
These shoes are so cute!  But they are also so uncomfortable!  They aren't wide width so they rub against the tops of my feet and they also have a small hidden wedge that makes my feet lean forward into the rubbing section worse.  We walked to lunch today and even though it wasn't far, I had to change into little boat shoes because there was no way I was walking even the little ways there in these shoes.  I guess it's time to start the hunt for a replacement.

light blue button down shirt - Kohl's
navy blazer - Amazon
cognac belt - Cato
moss pencil skirt - Kohl's
cognac pointed toe "flats" - Beall's Outlet

No comments:

Post a Comment