Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Ipsy Glam Bag: May 2017


My May 2017 Ipsy Glam Bag came two days earlier than the tracking anticipated so I'm excited to share with you what came in my bag today!


Ipsy
Clear Ice Cream Bag
$??
This bag is cute but it seems really cheap to me, like the type of thing I could probably buy for two bucks at Dollar General.  I like that it's water resistant so it would make a good bag for traveling with liquids or creams like toothpaste or face wash or something but it's way too small to be a makeup bag in my life, even for an overnight trip.  It's okay I guess but I thought it would be a lot bigger from what I saw in photos.


Urban Decay
Afterglow 8 Hour Powder Highlighter in Sin
$9.18 ($26 for 6.8g.  My size was 2.4 g.)
[link]
I'm just kind of meh about this product.  I double checked my Ipsy beauty preferences and I did not check highlight as one of the makeup products I love most so I'm not sure why I've gotten two nearly identical ones so far.  On the plus side, it seems like maybe it will make a nice eyeshadow.  But seriously, this is almost identical to the Elizabeth Mott Show Me Your Glow that I got in last month's bag... and I think I used that one only once.


Jelly Pong Pong
Supercharged Super Intense Eyeshadow Duo in Electric
$22.95
[link]
This product got me pretty excited!  Both of these colors look really pretty in the palette and I think they would both make great one shadow looks.  I'm looking forward to trying this on the eyes tomorrow.  They don't swatch amazingly but I don't judge shadows by their swatches because I've also had ones that swatch well but apply on the lids like garbage.  I hope they are as awesome as I want them to be!


Pixi by Petra
Endless Silky Eye Pen in BlackNoir
$6.00
[link]
When I first saw that this was going to be in my Ipsy Glam Bag, I wasn't all that excited.  But when I got ahold of it and swatched it.... the heavens opened and the angels sang.  This glides on so smooth and so black but then sets to a matte fantastic finish.  I think it will really last amazingly and I'm so excited to try it out!  Especially after I wore a black liner from Maybelline today that somehow was gone from my inner eyes by day's end for no apparent reason.  I can't wait to try this too!


Hey Honey
B├ęsame Mucho Lip Balm
$7.47 ($14 for 15mL.  My size was 8mL.)
[link]
I love a good lip balm so at first I was excited about this but after trying it out today, I feel like it's nothing special.  I still prefer my ultra inexpensive Carmex Lip Balm and I don't really see what's making this so special to be way more expensive.


Luxie Beauty
Luxie Dreamcatcher Precision Foundation Brush 660
$23.00
[link]
This is another item I was really excited when I first saw that it was going to be in my Ipsy Glam Bag but I was just a bit disappointed when I tried it in real life.  It is delightfully soft and feels well made but I'm just confused by the size and shape.  It seems to me to be shaped like a small blush brush.  The brush doesn't really seem dense enough to me to apply foundation but seems too big for highlight and too small for blush.  I need to give it some more tries but my initial impression is that I'm just not sure what it's place would be in my tool kit.

Total Value: $68.60 + bag

Conclusion: I feel like this bag was a really good value for someone... just not necessarily me.  There are only two things that I'm immediately excited about after receiving them.  However, you never know how things will work out so I feel like these items will warrant some reviews after I've had more of a chance to really use them.  If there are any products you'd like reviewed, let me know!  Until then, I'm most excited to try out the Jelly Pong Pong shadow and the Pixi liner.

*I purchased this bag with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment