Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Amazon Blazer Reviews


As a person who is really petite, I often struggle to find clothes that fit me well.  Everything is too big!  That sounds like it’s not a terrible problem to have, but when you want to look professional for work, it can be a struggle.  For several years now, I’ve been looking for blazers that fit me but I find that even petite size blazers have fit issues for me.  Sometimes I can find blazers that fit at stores that run small, like Papaya, but their selection is limited.  One day when I saw that Amazon had free shipping and free returns on blazers, I decided it was worth it to give it a try.  Now I’m so glad I did!  I’ve found some I love, along with some awful ones so I’m here to review three different brands of blazers for anyone else who might be looking to buy from Amazon.  We’ll start with my favorite and work our way down to the worst.



Auliné Collection
$23.99
[link]
Hot Pink/Olive
See the original post with Hot Pink here.
See the original post with Olive here.

Pros
* Fits me really well
* Looks good both buttoned and unbuttoned
* Nice quality
* Thick ponte fabric hangs nicely
* 20 colors to choose from


Cons
* $23.99 feels a bit expensive 
* Fabric pills quickly and will need to be “shaved” often, which may reduce the longevity of the piece over time
* The buttons are cheap looking


My Final Verdict
I feel like this price point is a little high on this brand at $23.99.  However, I’m just so happy to have found cute blazers that fit me so nicely with lots of colors and neutrals to choose from.  I feel like that’s a fair price for me to just be able to find what I’m looking for.  This brand is my favorite because of the fit, quality of the piece, and the fact that they look good both buttoned or unbuttoned.  My only complaint with fit is that they seem to run a bit large in the bust for me but it’s not anything I really feel the need to even alter.  I’ve purchased this brand both in hot pink and olive and I found both true to the color in the photo on Amazon and I’ve been very pleased with both blazers.  In the future, this is the brand I'll look to first to find what I’m looking for. 


HyBrid & Company
$23.99
[link]
See the original post with Navy here.
See the original post with Mocha here.

Pros
* Fits me well
* Nice quality
* 41 colors to choose from


Cons
* Looks a little odd unbuttoned and the fabric seems thinner than Auliné Collection
* $23.99 feels a bit expensive
* The buttons are cheap looking
* Fit is inconsistent across colors


My Final Verdict
While I prefer the fit and quality of Auliné Collection, this brand is very similar in fit and style.  One thing to note: on the navy blazer, there was a sewing mistake where the ruching on one sleeve had originally been sew on too high.  There was a small piece of elastic above the ruching with a few stitches that had been left inside the blazer.  When I removed the elastic and stitches, it left a tiny hole in the sleeve of the blazer that I wasn’t too pleased about.  Hopefully it won’t show or become a problem but it’s too early now to tell if it made a hole that will grow or not.  But other than that, I’ve been pretty pleased with this brand.  Another notable feature is that I feel like this brand doesn’t look as nice when unbuttoned.  They run slightly bigger on me through the torso and have slightly thinner fabric so they look a little sloppier in my opinion when unbuttoned.  It makes me consider taking them in but as of now, I’ve been too lazy.  Also, the fit of the mocha colored one was very different from the navy.  As you can see in the photos, it runs larger and longer than the navy, which I was not too happy about because the navy fits me much better.  It's not bad enough that I felt the need to return it but with the two issues I've had (one with each blazer), I won't be buying any more from this brand because I just don't know what I'll get.  Also worth noting is that I haven’t tried any of the boucle, jacquard, or quilted textures, so I can’t speak for those particular items.



Dantiya
$16.99
[link]
Army Green

Pros
* 7 colors to choose from
* $16.99 price point


Cons
* The photo shown is not the product they are selling.  If you look closely, the photos shown are actually of the Auliné Collection brand of blazer.
* Did not fit me well at all
* Very cheaply made
* Very cheap looking


My Final Verdict

It look me about ten seconds of wearing this blazer to decide I was going to return it.  To me, this should not cost $16.99.  It seems like the type of thing I would see being sold at a flea market for dirt cheap.  It was very cheaply made and you can see in the photos how the cheap fabric had visible marks from where it was folded.  It did not fit at all like my other blazers did.  The sleeves were way too long and the button stance of the blazer was much lower than the others.  Basically, I think this blazer was not at all worth the money, was nothing like the other two brands, and in my opinion, it’s not worth bothering at all with this crummy piece.  Luckily, it was free shipping and free returns so I immediately sealed it back into the bag and shipped it back to Amazon the very next day.  I received my refund less than twenty-four hours after I placed it in the USPS mailbox and I was happily able to instead order the olive blazer from Auliné Collection.  In short, my recommendation would be to stay far far away from this brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment