Sunday, April 2, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: Mar 26 - Apr 1


March 26 - April 1

Thirteen weeks of 2017 completed!  This week was one of those weeks.  Every morning I woke up thinking 'How is it not Saturday yet?', even though each day seemed to go by really fast.  Let's just say it felt good to sleep in this weekend!  Going to bed early was not a goal I did well with so let's take a look at that and my other goals in this week's break down.


1. Make healthier food choices.
✅  I did really well with this most of the week.  There were a few thin crust pizza days but I always had a large side salad with it.  It's all about balance!


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).

✅  I didn't realize just how much exercise I got in this week until I added it all up.  But don't get too excited though.  It looks like a lot but it was all just walking!  However, I'm still proud of how I've changed my daily habits to include so much walking in my day.  I purposely park far away, I take the long route to places, I take the stairs, and I walk almost every day on my lunch break at work, since it takes me about all of five minutes to eat.  It also helped that I spent several days this week at our central office for work, where all the buildings are spread out and you have to walk.  Additionally, these times are all aggregate, not one long stretch.

Sunday: 46 minute indoor walk
Monday: 19 minute outdoor walk
Tuesday: 21 minute indoor walk
Wednesday: 56 minute outdoor walk
Thursday: 40 minute outdoor walk
Friday: 60 minute indoor walk
Saturday: 35 minute outdoor walk

Total time: 4 hours, 37 minutes



3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
✅  Check!  Thanks to all that walking, I got to 10,000 steps every single day and even got over 14,000 on Friday!  As sort of a funny sidebar, on the weekends, I've started making an attempt to get 1,000 steps per hour just by walking up and down our hallway, since it's already getting too hot here in Florida to walk outside.  My husband has started doing something similar and we've decided maybe it's time to invest in a treadmill, especially since he's going to be on summer vacation from work soon and he wants to still be able to get some moderate exercise without sweating to death outside.  So if anyone has recommendations on a low cost treadmill, please share with me!


4. Go to sleep earlier.
🚫 Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:49:00PM.  I blame this on hubby coaching lacrosse.  He had several games this week where he was getting home around 9:30 and I stayed up to talk to him until about 10:30.  Happily, lacrosse is over now and next week he should be home at normal time.

🚫  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 11:37:29PM.  Again, on Friday night hubby didn't get home from lacrosse until late.  It also didn't help that I stayed up later trying to work on altering a blazer.  I was struggling with figuring out how to do the bottom front and it took me way longer than I thought it would.  And I messed it up so I'm still not done.  Hopefully I'll be able to get it fixed without the project keeping me up late at night anymore.  Next week I really need to focus on going to bed earlier.  I was definitely feeling the lack of sleep every time my alarm went off.


5. Leave some wiggle room.
✅  This week's treats included several days of vanilla low fat frozen yogurt with fruit and nuts, a chai tea latte and a low fat yogurt with fruit and granola from Starbucks (not pictured), and a Diet Pepsi and oven baked chips when I went out to lunch at Larry's Giant Subs with some of my coworkers.  Although my entree that day was a salad, so overall, not bad choices.


6. Progress towards goal?
✅  I lost 0.2 pounds this week and 9.8 pounds total.  That means I'm only 0.2 pounds away from being back at my goal.  To be honest, I pretty much consider that at goal because I weigh myself every day and weight can vary quite a bit from one day to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment