Sunday, April 16, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: April 9 - 15


Weekly Goal Update: April 9 - 15

Happy Easter!  We'll be spending ours having a quiet day at home including a lovely home cooked meal, which is a change from last week.  This past week was so crazy busy but also really good!  We found a used incline treadmill at a great price and got it set up in our house.  We also picked up a stationary bike and put that together and now we've got our guest bedroom doubling as an exercise space.  It's going to be so much easier to exercise and get in my steps now that we have equipment in the air conditioning, seeing as it's already in the 80s here in Florida.  Let's check out how much exercise I was able to get in this week!


1. Make healthier food choices.
✅  Even though this was a really busy week, I tried to stay (mostly) on track with eating on the go.  Two nights we literally just ran into Publix and grabbed something to take home to eat so I at least made it healthyish by getting a whole grain sandwich and eating only half of it with an amazingly delicious Kickin' BBQ Style salad and some watermelon.  No lie, I had that same meal twice this week.  I still want to eat the salad again too!  So good.


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
✅  We didn't get our treadmill until Wednesday night and the stationary bike got put together on Saturday night but I still got in some exercise this week!  In the photo above, the orange images are from the treadmill and the grey and black is from the bike.

Sunday: 42 minute indoor walk
Monday: 45 minute indoor walk
Tuesday: --
Wednesday: 10 minute outdoor walk (with friends, which always makes it better!) and 15 minutes on the treadmill
Thursday: 27 minute walk/jog on the treadmill
Friday: 28 minute walk/jog on the treadmill and 23 minute walk on the treadmill
Saturday: 32 minute outdoor walk and 10 minutes on the stationary bike

Total time: 3 hours, 52 minutes



3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
✅  This one was so much easier with a treadmill for the second half of the week!  Wednesday was quite a busy day of sitting and typing at work so I didn't get many steps in and it was so easy to come home, hop on the treadmill once it was finally ready, and just get those last steps in to meet my goal.  As an introvert, I'm just not a gym person and I'm really excited to be able to have all the equipment that I need right in my house to be able to meet my goals.  Also, I'm really excited that the stationary bike that we bought (this one) also has moving arms so I get credit for steps while cycling too!  Some people would say that's cheating but I feel like I should get credit if I'm exercising and getting in a good cardio workout.  To each their own, I guess!


4. Go to sleep earlier.
🚫 Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:56:20PM.  Oops!  Once again, the hardest goal for me is sleep.  This week was just so busy and we were getting home so late that sleep was the thing that ended up getting sacrificed.  I feel like I say this every week, but may next week be less busy!

🚫  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 10:39:15PM.  I wasn't so far off from my goal on the weekends, coming in just nine minutes later than I would like.  I was really trying not to stay up too late over my long weekend and completely mess up my sleep pattern for when I went back to work.  We'll see how early I'm able to fall asleep tonight!


5. Leave some wiggle room.
✅  This week's wiggle room was all about sweets and especially chocolate!  It's the time of the month where I'm super craving chocolate.  Normally I can sort of ignore that craving for a few days but I've been thinking about chocolate for about three weeks now and I figured it was fine to indulge a little as long as I watched what I ate for the rest of the day to leave room for those extra calories.  It must have worked out okay, as I still lost weight by the end of the week.


6. Progress towards goal?
✅  This week, I lost 0.2 pounds and am at 10.4 pounds total weight loss.  I'm not even really sure how I'm still losing weight at this point.  Maybe it's just water weight fluctuation?  Or the extra calories I burned jogging on the treadmill?  I normally never go faster than a walk!  I guess we'll see as time goes on.  Right now my goal is less about weight loss and more about toning up the muscles that I have.  I don't really have a way to measure that and I'm just not ready to spend money on one of those fancy scales that measures body fat percentage or calipers to pinch the fat and measure.  I don't need to be that obsessive about my looks, in my opinion.  What's more important is that I feel great!  I have more energy, more confidence, and I'm just happier than when I was being a lazy slug and eating tons of garbage.  And that's really what this is about for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment