Sunday, April 23, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: April 16 - 22


April 16 - 22

This past week couldn't end fast enough!  After the previous week of four days, going back to a full week was no fun.  Especially when it turned out to be an emotional and kind of stressful week.  Sixteen weeks of 2017 down and may each one be a little better than the last.



1. Make healthier food choices.
✅  I did okay with this but I definitely could have done better.  My biggest problem was just eating too much of the wrong things and not enough of the right things.  Next week I hope to focus on eating more fruits, veggies, and whole grains, and less of everything else.




2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
✅  While I might not have had as many minutes exercising this week as I usually do, I did much more rigorous exercise than I usually do too!  I ran three days this week, which is more times than I have ran combined in the last ten years.  It's good for the heart!  Lots of cardio action happening this week for sure and honestly, it felt so good to come home and sweat after stressful days!

Sunday: 30 minutes on the treadmill
Monday: 34 minutes on the treadmill
Tuesday: 25 minutes on the treadmill; 5 minutes on the stationary bike
Wednesday: 17 minutes on the treadmill (jogged 1.0 mile + cooldown!)
Thursday: 30 minute walk
Friday: 23 minutes on the treadmill (jogged 1.5 miles!)
Saturday: 15 minutes on the treadmill (jogged 1.0 mile!); 15 minutes on the stationary bike

Total time: 3 hours, 14 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.

✅  I met and beat this goal again by getting over 10,000 steps seven days this week, including racking up 11,823 steps on Wednesday, thanks to the treadmill.  I definitely feel that having the exercise equipment right in our house has helped to make it easier to get steps in each day and to be motivated to get more exercise.


4. Go to sleep earlier.
✅  Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:25:30PM.  After last week's bedtime fails, I made an effort this week to be sure to be in bed early every night.  It paid off!  I was less tired throughout the week than when I stay up later.  And with the more rigorous exercising I was doing, I was more tired before bed and slept better than usual as well.

✅  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 10:14:43PM.  Again, I made this a priority and to be honest, after my workout on Saturday, I was pretty tired anyway!


5. Leave some wiggle room.
✅  This week my fail was in this category.  I know I need to leave myself some room for "fun" eating but I went a little overboard last week.  I'm pretty sure I had frozen yogurt almost every night.  Along with the candy bars, cookies, and general overeating on Easter (and several other days), this is where I'm pretty sure I racked up the extra weight.  This coming week I really need to get back on track eating better and having more self-control.  What can I say, it's a rough time when stress, that time of the month, and a holiday all happen at the same time.  The plus side is that doing these weekly posts really makes me reflect more and helps me to get back on track and refocus.


6. Progress towards goal?
✅  This week, I gained 0.4 pounds but I'm still holding steady at my desired 10.0 pound weight loss.  However, if I gain 0.4 pounds every week, I'll be right back where I started really quickly.  Moving forward, I know what I need to do and I'm going to try really hard this coming week to make it a better one.  Something I need to focus on is using exercise as a destress mechanism instead of eating.  Two weeks ago I did really well using fruit like watermelon to satisfy my craving for sweets so maybe I'll stop by the grocery store tomorrow and pick up some of that.  Who doesn't love a good watermelon as we enter into the warmer months?  And watermelon is much better for me than candy bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment