Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Shopping My Stash Drawer: Late April 2017


I've been a bit reluctant to admit it to myself, but I've been in a makeup rut lately.  A busy schedule with work has caused me to just default to a lazy routine.  It's not that I don't have tons of products that I love, it's just that when I'm tired it's easier to use the same things over and over.  I'm here to try to get out of that rut by shopping my stash and filling my top drawer - the items I grab for most often - with things I haven't used in a while.  Let's check out what I picked to use for the next couple of weeks.



1. Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Palette - Let's start this party off with the biggest item.  I pulled out my Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Palette.  Lately I feel like I've been using my mattes a lot or every now and then throwing in some ultra shimmery shadows.  This palette has a lot of satin finish shades that are perfect for work and a bit of a change in finish compared to what I've been using lately.  Also, I've barely used this palette since I bought it!



And now that we have that big palette pulled out, let's talk about what's underneath one section at a time.



Mascaras
1. Maybelline Lash Discovery Waterproof Mascara in Very Black - I've been trying this out on my bottom lashes again.  I just can't seem to find any mascara that won't smudge under my bottom lashes and this girl has dark enough circles already!
2. CoverGirl Clump Crusher Water Resistant Mascara in Very Black - This is what I was using for the lower lashes before.  It's great but it will not hold up to humidity or rain and it's already getting hot and humid here in the south.
3. CoverGirl Last Blast Volume Waterproof Mascara in Very Black - I've been giving this a try again after years of despising it for depositing too much mascara.  I've been wiping the wand off before application and now I think I'm in love!
4. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Classic Black - This is my old tried and true but we're involved in a sort of on again off again thing right now while I experiment with the others.



Lip Products
1. Flower Beauty HydraSilk Ultimate Lip Butter in Rose Petal - This color has been on rotation often lately.  It's similar to my natural lips but with a bit more shine.  It's an easy go-to color.
2. e.l.f. Matte Lipstick in Wine - This shade is newer to my collection and I've been wearing it a lot lately as well.  It's a bold shade without being loud and I love it.
3. e.l.f. Matte Lipstick in Mulberry Maven - This is another new to me shade.  It's definitely one of the loudest lip colors I've selected so I only wear it when I don't have a meeting where this shade might distract people from what I'm saying.  But I personally love the pink-berry color.
4. Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor in HD Vineyard - This shade is unique but still wearable.  I would describe it as a plummy pink and I've been wearing it a lot lately too.
5. e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Satin Lipstick in Touch of Blush - Touch of Blush is the perfect work lipstick that's one of those my lips but better shades.
6. Wet N Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Rose-Bud - I pulled this color out because I was craving something peachy but actual peach lipstick looks awful on me.  This bright coral shade is a great compromise and it can be worn really opaque or sheered out a bit with a lip brush.
7. Essence Sheer & Shine Lipstick in BFF - This is a great sheer color that adds some life to your lips.  It often lives in my purse but I unburied it from the purse depths to remind myself to use it more.
8. e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick in Ravishing Rose - This is another great work shade that I haven't worn in ages!  It's similar to Touch of Blush but just different enough to justify having them both in this rotation.



Blushes
1. Milani Powder Blush in Romantic Rose - Not going to lie, this blush is always in my top drawer.  It's just perfect!  It's matte, it's pigmented without being so bold I have to be super careful and it goes with just about any other makeup.
2. Jordana Blush Powder in Rouge - This is a newer item to my collection as well.  This super affordable blush is a matte peachy-pink shade and adds some real brightness to the face.
3. Essence Silky Touch Blush in Babydoll - Since I had a theme of all matte blushes going on (What is with me and mattes lately?), I decided to grab two with a slightly shimmery finish.  This one is really pretty pinky mauve and the shimmer is not so loud that I feel sparkly.
4. Essence Silky Touch Blush in Autumn Peach - Again, another shimmery blush but this time in a peachy shade that's super flattering.
5. Essence Blush Up Powder Blush in Heat Wave - And why not add in something for a fun, bright pop?  This is another matte and I love how you can customize to get more orange, more pink, or a mix that makes a pretty bright coral.
6. e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in Fiji (matte) - Fiji is another product I've had for quite some time and barely used at all.  The blush is a really soft sort of pinky coral and the bronzer will be nice for times when I want to look a little sunkissed.



Face Products
1. CoverGirl Outlast All-Day 3-in-1 Foundation in Classic Ivory - If it's possible to be addicted to foundation, then I've got a problem with this one.  The problem is, since buying it, this is all I want to use!  I love how easy it is to blend out, how well it lasts, and the fact that it has SPF built in.
2. CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream in Fair - Just for a change of pace, I threw in this BB Cream as well.  I know I love it too but I haven't used it since I got the Outlast Foundation.
3. Benefit Erase Paste in No. 1 Fair - I seriously use nothing else under my eyes but this.  I've found nothing that can even come close to covering my dark circles like this.  And it's pricey so I don't spend money trying others when I know I love this one.
4. Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer in Fair/Light - This concealer has been a good match for the Outlast Foundation and I've used it any time a pimple has crept up and tried to ruin my day.  I just wish it lasted better through the day!
5. e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set - I use this every day to take away the powdery look after I do my face makeup.
6. L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder in n2 Classic Ivory - I had strayed away from this powder for awhile as I tried to finish off another one in my collection but now I've come back to it and I remember how great it is!  So soft and light and never looks cakey.



Eye Products
1. Essence Eyeshadow in Triple Choc - I have used this shadow so much!  You can probably tell by how the label is barely visible any more.  It's just a perfect medium brown crease shade for me when I want just a bit of contour.
2. Elizabeth Mott Show Me Your Glow Shimmer Shadow & Highlighter - This was in my April Ipsy and I love me a shimmery beige shadow!
3. Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Single in Brulee - I use this constantly as a brow highlight or sometimes a lid color.  It's a great matte cream shade.
4. Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Single in Panther - I often find myself applying this matte black shadow wet as an eyeliner.  It gives soft definition.
5. e.l.f. Instant Lift Brow Pencil in Neutral Brown - This is my go to daily brow fill in.  It's super affordable and a great match for my brow shade.
6. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner in Nude - I use this almost daily as well.  Nothing wakes up tired eyes like lining your lower inner rim with this.  It wears away well throughout the day too.
7. ColourPop Creme Gel Liner in Show Me - This was also in my April Ipsy.  I really love the formula and the color is fun but I like more definition on my top lashes.  I want to experiment with it on my lower lashes though.
8. Essence Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black - Several times I've worn the ColourPop Liner thickly on my lashes and given them definition with a thin line of this.  It's a fun combination.
9. Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Nude Eyes (black shade) - I decided to give my pencil liners another try after loving the ColourPop one so much.  I tried this today and smudged it in with a brush and really liked the softer definition it gave than just wearing it regular.
10. Essence I Heart Stage Eyeshadow Base - I've been using this as my shadow primer lately and really enjoying it.
11. Milani Brow Shaping Clear Wax - This is what I use to set my brows pretty much every morning lately.  It's simple and does the trick.
12. L.A. Colors 5 Color Matte Eyeshadow in Natural Linen - Just in case I needed a break from the 28 Neutral Palette, I threw in a few mattes as well.  This palette is compact and has lovely cool shades.
13. L.A. Colors 5 Color Matte Eyeshadow in Brown Tweed - And this palette has warmer mattes so whatever mood I'm in, I'm covered.

Hopefully having some different items right on hand to choose from will help me get out of my makeup rut and find my creativity again.  Do you have any suggestions on how to get out of a makeup rut?  I'm hoping that being subscribed to Ipsy will help me too.  I can't resist trying out the fun stuff they send me so maybe I'll find something unexpected that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment