Monday, April 24, 2017

Review: CoverGirl Outlast All-Day 3-in-1 Foundation


Product Claims:
According to CoverGirl's website, "Outlast All-Day 3-in-1 Foundation makeup fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! This 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day. " [source]

What I wanted this product to do:
* match my skin
* last all day
* cover flaws and even out skin tone without looking heavy or cakey

Pros:
1. It has a pump!  I wish every cream or liquid came with a pump application or at least a squeeze tube.
2. It has SPF 20 built in.
3. The shade Classic Ivory is a dead on match for my skin tone.
4. It dries down to a matte but not too matte finish.
5. The lasting power is amazing!  Once it dries down, it doesn't come off until you wash it off!  It doesn't wipe off on clothes, your hands, or your cell phone!  It even lasts well through sweaty workouts.

Cons:
1. The SPF in it can make it flash back white in photos.
2. At over $10, it's a bit expensive.


Would I buy it again/recommend it?
Definitely!  I really like this foundation.  It's one of the best that I've tried in a long time and I plan on buying it again when it runs out.  I've already recommended it to a friend and I would recommend it to you as well!  You can see from the pictures below that it evens out my skintone and covers minor imperfections really well.


Before any makeup
After foundation only
After all makeup

And just as one last piece of evidence for why I think this foundation is so great... The second day we had our incline treadmill, I wanted to try out one of the pre-set mountain trails.  I picked the 250 calorie workout, which is still within the easy set.  I figured it would be a good "hike", with a lot of walking but maybe some heavy inclines.  Since I thought it would be an easy workout, I didn't wash off my makeup first.  Turns out there was a ton of running, steep inclines, and barely any easy walking.  I finished the whole workout (proud of that) but was covered in sweat by the end.  I snapped a photo to show that my makeup was still looking pretty good!  The shine you see is sweat but the foundation was still there!



No comments:

Post a Comment