Friday, April 7, 2017

Outfits of the Week: April 3 - 7


I loved all of these outfits so much, it's hard for me to choose a favorite!  I guess that's a good thing to feel when reflecting on your work outfits from the week.


Monday
This blazer was an item I purchased back in mid-January.  I wore it once and it has been collecting dust in my closet ever since.  This past weekend I decided to shorten the torso.  The reason I never wore it was I felt it was too long and not very flattering on me.  Lo and behold, I now have a blazer that fits me perfectly!  I can't wait to get more wear out of it and I'm happy to have turned a shopping mistake into something I now love.

white and black blouse - Papaya
black open front blazer - Charlotte Russe
black madden girl belt - Beall's Outlet
cabernet essential chinos - Amazon
black buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes



Tuesday
This red skirt was another item that was collecting dust. When I saw the red accents in the blouse, I knew that I would eventually be pairing it with the skirt. And so this outfit was born! I love the way they work together and seeing how cute this skirt looks, I'm now wondering why I haven't worn it in so long. I think maybe it was getting too tight? I'm glad I'm back down to a weight where it fits comfortably!

black and pink floral blouse - Papaya
grey cardigan - Kohl's
black madden girl belt - Beall's Outlet
rio red skirt - Kohl's
black opaque tights - Target
black cap toe wedges - Payless




Wednesday
I'm feeling very Legally Blonde in this ensemble.  I've been looking for a bright pink blazer for ages and I finally decided that the Internet was the place to look.  Boy was I right!  This same brand had twenty different color options and I found another brand with forty color options!  I've ordered the other brand in navy to see which brand I prefer before ordering more but you better believe I will be!  They are cute, professional without being stuffy, and since they are made of stretchy ponte fabric, they are really comfortable as well.  And I love that they fit me so well without needing alterations.

grey button down - Ann Taylor
hot pink blazer - Amazon
faux pearl necklace - Body Central Outlet
black madden girl belt - Beall's Outlet
black essential chinos - Amazon
grey faux snakeskin and suede pointed toe flats - Payless


Thursday
When I went to take my outfit photos this day, my bluetooth remote shutter wasn't working.  Turns out the cheap plastic of the battery cover had broken and now the battery won't stay in.  Boo!  I had to take these with the timer on my phone and I realized how much I've come to rely on the remote!  Using it, I literally only spend about thirty seconds taking pictures.  Without the remote, it takes me several minutes to set the timer, pose, wait for the camera to go off, and start all over.  I've already ordered a new remote that's supposed to be better quality from Amazon.  But let's talk about the outfit!  The last time I wore this adorable fox blouse, I paired it with colored pants, so I figured this time I would try it with some fun neutrals.  The mustard and walnut combo is really working for me!

mustard fox blouse - Papaya
navy cardigan - Kohl's
brown and gold compass cardigan clip - made by me
brown buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
walnut essential chino - Amazon
brown buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes



Friday
This blouse looks really simple from the front but I love the exposed gold zipper detail on the back and the rolled cuffs on the sleeves.  Sometimes simple just works.

navy zipper detail blouse - Vanity Fair Outlet
white draped open front blazer - Papaya
gold deathly hallows necklace - gift
brown buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
light fawn essential chinos - Amazon
brown buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment