Saturday, April 29, 2017

Outfits of the Week: April 24 - 28



This was kind of an off week for outfits for me.  I usually have so many that I love but this week I just wasn't as enthusiastic about what I was wearing.  I really liked Monday's and Tuesday's outfits but the others I could take or leave.  I guess every outfit can't be your favorite.


Monday
Ah, back to work after a lovely weekend.  Monday mornings are a little perkier when I have on a happy floral blouse.  However, this blazer confuses me.  It's the same brand and size as the navy one I wore here but it's definitely larger and longer.  What's up with that?  I guess that's how it is with cheap clothes from Amazon.  It's not bad enough for me to want to return it but I definitely notice the difference between the two and I prefer the fit of the navy one.  Maybe I could take this one in at the side seams?  We'll see how I feel after wearing it more than just one time.

blush floral blouse - Papaya
beige cami secret - Burlington Coat Factory
mocha blazer - Amazon
brown buckle belt - Bealls Outlet
moss essential chinos - Amazon
brown buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes



Tuesday
How out of control big is my bun in this picture?  I actually ended up redoing it after taking these and seeing how absurdly big it was.  I swapped out the medium size bun donut I had in it for the mini bun donut and was much more satisfied.  And it was lighter!  That super sized bun was heavy and wiggling too much.  But I still love me a messy bun!  I also love how this outfit seems so simple but so me.  Lately I'm finding myself very comfortable wearing blouse, blazer, pants combinations.  If I could afford to buy a blazer in every color sold here, I would totally do it.

peach floral blouse - Papaya
khaki blazer - Goodwill (Talbot's brand)
brown buckle belt - Bealls Outlet
mineral blue essential chinos - Amazon
brown buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes



Wednesday
This outfit was perfectly fine, cute, and professional but I just couldn't really get excited about it.  Maybe I prefer patterned blouses to a patterned blazer?  I just don't feel like there are all that may different ways to wear this blazer.  I guess I'm just listing this as a ho-hum outfit in my book.

pink sleeveless blouse - Kohl's
black bead necklace - Walmart
black and white geometric print blazer - Beall's Outlet
black madden girl belt - Beall's Outlet
black essential chinos - Amazon
black captoe pointed toe flats - Payless


Thursday
This was another outfit that I was just kind of meh about.  I know I haven't worn this exact same outfit before but it feels like I have (so similar here, with different pants and different black blouse).  Again, with patterned blazers I just don't feel like there are a whole lot of options for remixing.  Note to self: stick to buying solid blazers from here on.

black tie neck blouse - Kohl's
grey and black striped blazer - Beall's Outlet
black madden girl belt - Beall's Outlet
cabernet essential chinos - Amazon
black buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes


Friday
This blouse never seems to photograph accurately.  In real life, it's a much more vibrant, bold mint but it always photographs as a soft sea foam looking green.  I'm not really sure why but just trust me that it's actually much prettier in real life.  This outfit was born when I woke up and decided that I didn't feel like wearing this blouse with the navy skirt and denim jacket I had originally picked out.  But I liked this outfit too so in the end it all worked out.

mint blouse - Kohl's
white 3/4 length cardigan - Belk
white cami secret - Burlington Coat Factory
black owl cardigan clip - made by me
black madden girl belt - Beall's Outlet
black ankle chinos - Walmart
black buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment