Monday, April 3, 2017

Empties: Jan - Mar 2017


Empties always sneak up on me and I never really think about them until the bucket I keep them in is full.  I have a lot of stuff that I've been holding onto for the first three months of the year so let's take a look at what I've used in hair, makeup, and skincare.



Hair
* Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo X 2 - Love this stuff!  I've already repurchased it.  It does a good job of making dirty hair feel cleaner.
* Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat Flat Iron Protection - This stuff is a great heat protectant and you only need a couple of spritzes.  I've already repurchased this as well.
* Tresemme Tre Two Spray - This was the first time I've tried this product and I'm so glad I did!  I actually ended up liking it better than the aerosol version I've used in the past.  I've repurchased this already in the full size.
* Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist X2 - I have loved this conditioner for years and years!  I repurchase it constantly.  I use it two or three times a week to add moisture back to my hair.
* Catwalk Root Boost Spray - I purchased this for a work trip I took back in January.  It lasted a really long time but I just didn't really care for it.  I wouldn't buy it again.
* Garnier Fructis Texture Tease - This stuff is good but I prefer the texture spray from Not Your Mother's.  This one works really well though.  You'll definitely notice a difference when you use it.



Makeup
* Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream in Fair - I love this stuff!  I've already repurchased it.  I love how it offers light coverage that's matte and lasts really well.
* L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation in Classic Ivory - I technically didn't completely finish this foundation.  I mixed it with the shade that's one darker in a bottle similar to this.  I made it a 50/50 mix so I used half of this bottle before decanting it.  It was an okay foundation and I'll probably use it all but I've since found others that I like more.
* e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set - This stuff is great!  I've repurchased it several times.  It's an affordable makeup spray that takes away the powdery look.
* Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Classic Black X2 - I love this mascara!  I always end up trying others but I seem to come back to this one every time.
* Covergirl Clump Crusher Water Resistant Mascara in Very Black - This was another mascara that I tried out.  It works really well but it just can't hold up to Florida's humid weather.  The day that it was misting/drizzling, I ended up with mascara smudged.  It's okay but not waterproof enough for me.
* Carmex Lip Balm - Love this!  I've been using it for almost twenty years now and I always have multiple tubes on hand.
* Covergirl Simply Powder Foundation in Ivory - This stuff is okay.  I've used it a couple of times and it works just fine but there are others that I like better.  This one is just a little too matte for me to where it can make my skin look kind of dry.
* e.l.f. Instant Lift Eyebrow Pencil in Neutral Brown - I love this brow pencil!  It's super affordable at only two bucks, it's a great match for my brow color, and it gets the job done quickly for me.
* essence Eyebrow Fixing Pencil - This wax pencil was okay but I felt like since it was so skinny and soft, that I went through it really fast.  It was a good product to try out wax, since it was so inexpensive but now that I know I like wax, I've switched to a thicker wax pencil.



Skincare
* Equate Beauty 2-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths - These makeup wipes take off almost all my makeup at night (always a little leftover liner and waterproof mascara).  They are also an easy way to wash your face on the go, as they are just little dry cloths with built in soap.  Just wet and wash away your makeup!  Already repurchased these too.
* Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin X2 - This stuff is super affordable and easily accessible.  I've repurchased this as well.
* Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for Face and Body - I've also repurchased this.  I use it on my face, hands, and any where else that my skin is dry.  It lives your face a little greasy looking but really moisturizes well.  I only use it at night on my face.
* Acne.org Treatment 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide - I've repurchased this product tons of times.  I use a light layer in the morning and at night on my T-zone to keep acne at bay.
* Cerave Eye Repair Cream - Another item I've repurchased!  I guess I've just really found skin care products that work for me.  I tend to not explore much in this area.  This stuff is a good price for an eye cream that makes a noticeable difference to make my eye area less dry.
* Olay All Day Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin - Repurchased this too!  A good SPF moisturizer for day time that doesn't irritate sensitive skin.
* Top Care Makeup Remover Wipes X2 - These are my favorite makeup wipes and they are sold at Winn Dixie for less than four dollars.  They do the trick to remove whatever the facial cloths didn't remove the night before and they are really gentle on my eyes.
* Equate Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes - I used these ones when I went on my trip in January.  They were okay for travel but not my absolute favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment