Sunday, March 26, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: Mar 19 - 25


March 19 - 25

Twelve weeks marked off the 2017 calendar!  This was an absolutely fantastic week for me with a mini Spring Break included.  I worked Monday and Tuesday but had the rest of the week off and it was so wonderful.  I was really busy, did lots of fun stuff, and ate a bit too much junk food.  Let's take a look back in this weekly goal update.



1. Make healthier food choices.
✅  This was definitely not my strongest area this week but looking back on my food photos, I guess I did okay at least while I was eating at home.



2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).

✅  I'm kind of proud to say that this was one of my strongest areas this week.  I was so active during my days off and it really added up to a lot of exercise.  I walked so many miles this week!

Sunday: --
Monday: 35 minute outdoor walk
Tuesday: 38 minute outdoor walk
Wednesday: 64 minute outdoor walk
Thursday: 36 minute outdoor walk
Friday: 66 minute outdoor walk
Saturday: --

Total time: 3 hours, 59 minutes



3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
✅  Kicked this goal's butt!  Not only did I get 10,000 steps seven days this week, but there were several days I got well over 10,000 steps as well.  And holy cow, look at Wednesday!  I got twice as many steps as my goal and set a new personal record for most steps in a day.  And I even earned the New Zealand badge in the FitBit app!  In total, I racked up a whopping 91,856 steps this week, equal to 35.14 miles or 56.6 kilometers.  I'm feeling like a bit of a rockstar in this department!


4. Go to sleep earlier.
๐Ÿšซ Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 10:09:53PM.  This week was a little weird because I only had to get up at 5:00 two mornings.  One morning I woke up at 6:00 and every other day I got to sleep in as late as I wanted.  But I still missed the mark by a bit on the days I needed to get up early.

๐Ÿšซ  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 11:15:34PM.  I did okay most of the time I was off but the night I was in Orlando, I didn't get to bed until 12:30 because we got back so late.  This week is definitely going to be a bit hard to get back into the routine of going to bed early and getting up early.


5. Leave some wiggle room.
✅  Oh Spring Break, we had a good time, didn't we?!?  LOL!  Having time off from work means having time to actually socialize and how do people socialize?  We eat!  I went out to eat so much this week and some times I was good and got a grilled chicken salad and some times I just felt like I wanted junk.  For the most part, I was much more active than usual so I didn't feel too terribly bad about eating a little more unhealthy.  But I know I can't make this a habit.  #springbreakcaloriesdontcount #wishthatwasactuallytrue ๐Ÿ˜†


6. Progress towards goal?
๐Ÿšซ  Once again, I didn't lose any weight but I didn't gain any weight either!  I'm actually pretty shocked about that because for most of the week I was weighing in about a pound and a half more than last week.  But I think a lot of it was the water I was retaining from all the salty foods I was eating.  Next week I need to eat healthier and try to not gain any weight from all the indulging I did this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment