Sunday, March 5, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: Feb 26 - Mar 4


February 26 - March 4

Nine weeks of 2017 have passed!  At this rate, it will be spring in no time!  It might be time to start thinking about getting these arms into shape for sleeveless tops!  😆 💪


1. Make healthier food choices.
✅  Eating healthy has probably become the easiest goal for me and the biggest reason I think I'm continuing to lose weight even when I'm not meeting my other goals.  It's really just become a lifestyle now where I eat well and I feel really good because of it.

Since I've been so busy lately, I've been trying to keep meals more simple so we tried a few new recipes this week that were really easy to make.  Number one was what you see in the top right photo above.  Chicken tenderloins grilled on the Cuisinart with paprika, parsley, and a drizzle of low fat Italian dressing once they were cooked.  A bag of microwave cooked spring vegetables and a half baked potato with low fat sour cream and chives.  Number two was pictured in the lower left corner and was roasted asparagus and carrots with chicken and apple sausages on whole wheat buns, all flavored with some parsley.  Eating healthy doesn't have to be a lot of work!


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).

✅  Goal met!  I did a lot of walking this week but didn't have time or energy for much else.

Sunday: --
Monday: 20 minute indoor walk
Tuesday: 15 minute indoor walk
Wednesday: 30 minute indoor walk & 15 minute outdoor walk
Thursday: 10 minute outdoor walk
Friday: 35 minute indoor walk
Saturday: 30 minute indoor walk

Total time: 2 hours, 35 minutes



3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
✅  Another goal accomplished!  Sunday I took the day off from worrying too much about steps.  I just really needed a mental health day to relax and work on some other projects.  But I was back at it the rest of the week and I was actually so busy this week that I still managed to rack up a total of over 70,000 steps a day thanks to getting some extra steps in a few other days this week.


4. Go to sleep earlier.
🚫  Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:32:21 PM.  So close!  I'm not even upset about this.  Two minutes away from goal is close enough to me.

🚫  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 11:11:13 PM.  Another fail!  Just me over here trying to squeeze every last moment I can out of this weekend.


5. Leave some wiggle room.
✅  This is another easy goal.  You know I have to have some frozen yogurt with fruit and nuts.  But my other big indulgence was when my husband make homemade garlic toast when we had Mexican tortilla soup.  I definitely ate more bread carbs that day than I probably should have but what's life without treating yourself every now and then?



6. Progress towards goal?
✅  Woohoo!!!  I stepped on the scale Saturday morning and was surprised to see that I seemed to all of a sudden be at my goal weight!!  Gooooooooooo me!  However, I wouldn't be surprised if I sort of ping pong around a bit over the next week or two since I hadn't seen a weight in that pound range any other day until now.  Perhaps more important than what I'm seeing on a scale is the fact that all of the pants and shorts that had become too tight to fit back in the summer of 2016 are now fitting me again.  And that feels like the biggest progress yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment