Friday, March 31, 2017

Outfits of the Week: March 27 - 31


I'm so happy with my wardrobe right now!  I really love my blouses and blazers and getting dressed for work has been easy and enjoyable.  Getting out of bed at five in the morning is a whole other story but at least part of my morning is pleasant!  Let's break down what I wore to work each day this week.


Monday
I loved this outfit! I actually only wore this blazer because I knew I had an optometrist appointment after work and that after my appointment I was going to stop by the mall. While at the mall my plan was to buy some blazers at Papaya (successful haul here!) and I wanted to sort of test drive that style of blazer to see if I might want to buy more in different colors. Well they didn't have any of that style in my size but I found several others that I ended up loving! Blazers are a great way to dress up just about any outfit and I've really been enjoying wearing them lately. 

cadet blue tie neck blouse - Papaya 
black striped cuff sleeve blazer - Papaya 
black buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
light fawn essential chinos - Amazon
black cap toe pointed flats - Payless


Tuesday 
This day I had to give a presentation to our elementary school principals so I wanted to look professional and put together. I pretty much just copied Monday's outfit with different (but nearly identical) pieces. Tie neck blouse, blazer, chinos, belt, pointed flats. So easy but so cute!  I felt really confident in this outfit for my big presentation.

pink floral tie neck blouse - Papaya
white striped cuff sleeve blazer - Papaya 
wine belt - Dress Barn
mineral blue essential chinos - Amazon 
taupe pointed toe flats - Payless 


Wednesday 
Do you ever select your outfits based on what you have going on that day? I often find myself doing that. This day I had a casual meeting with a colleague to discuss a project. I knew I was going to be in my super frigid office all day do I wanted to wear a cardigan that would keep me warm and comfy. This outfit fit the bill while still being professional. 

black and white polka dot choker tie blouse - Papaya 
blue cardigan - Kohl's 
black owl cardigan clip - made by me
black buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
boulder grey essential chinos - Amazon 
black buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes




Thursday
These shoes are so fun!  I love how they're dressy while still being kind of fun and funky.  And for ten bucks?  Yup!  I got several compliments from both men and women saying that they liked the shoes and thought they were cool.  They add a bit of spice to an otherwise kind of plain outfit... besides the neon pink blouse!

neon pink blouse - Papaya
gold and black tassel necklace - Papaya (came with the shirt)
grey cardigan - Kohl's
black buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
black essential chinos - Amazon
grey faux snakeskin and suede pointed toe flats - Payless


Friday
It's finally Friday!  This weekend I plan on shortening the hem on two blazers I have.  I could live with the length of both but I think I'd like the fit just a bit more if they were a few inches shorter on me.  I've never tried to hem a blazer before so we'll see how it goes!  Luckily, they are unlined so it shouldn't be too big of a job.

burgundy floral blouse - Papaya
navy cardigan - Kohl's
brown and gold compass cardigan clip - made by me
brown buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
moss essential chinos - Amazon
brown buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment