Friday, March 24, 2017

Outfits of the Week: March 20 - 24


This week's outfits were a mix of work and casual.  I worked Monday and Tuesday but was off for the rest of the week for a little Spring Break fun.  It was a great week!  #springbreak



Monday

I don't know why, but I've really been getting more into black and white blouses lately.  I think they're just easy to style.  Wear them with black pants and a colored cardigan or with colored pants and a black or white cardigan and you have an instant outfit.  This one has a really cute design that looks sort of like little bow ties!

black and white blouse - Kohl's
black cardigan - Banana Republic Factory
black sparkle cardigan clip - made by me
black buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
cabernet essential chinos - Amazon
black cap toe pointed flats - Payless


Tuesday

This outfit had to work double duty.  I worked all day and then went to the movies with some friends to see Beauty and the Beast (❤️ ed it!!) and went to dinner afterwards.  And everyone loved the cute owls on the cardigan clip!

cobalt blouse - Kohl's [almost identical]
charcoal cardigan - Papaya
black owls cardigan clip - made by me
black buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
black essential chinos - Amazon
black cap toe pointed flats - Payless


Wednesday
I decided to take the day off Wednesday and go shopping!  My friend M and I had been planning to do a trip to Orlando on Thursday of this week for a while, since we had Thursday and Friday off from work.  Our plan was to hit the outlet mall and then head over to the Florida Mall.  Then this week the forecast decided that the only day it was going to rain was Thursday, ruining our outdoor outlet mall plans.  Since it was Spring Break for all the teachers and students in the school district where we both work, we decided to just take Wednesday off (it was super slow anyway) and take our trip then!  I picked out clothes that would be easy to change into and out of when trying on stuff and sneakers because I knew we would be doing a ton of walking.  I got in over 21,000 steps or 8.03 miles (12.9 km) this day!  These Nikes are awesome and come in wide sizes.  My feet didn't hurt at all!

blue cat print tee - a gift from my lovely friend Laura!
denim capris - Kohl's
Nike revolution 3 - Famous Footwear


Thursday

On Thursday I decided that since I had the day off, I would go for a long walk and then do some shopping for a couple of items I didn't find on Wednesday.  This is what I wore for both walking and shopping.  I wanted something that was comfortable to walk a long way but also presentable so I wouldn't have to change.  Enter in sneakers, comfy pants, and a tee.

cobalt boyfriend tee - JC Penney via Beall's Outlet
black convertible pants - Kohl's
Nike revolution 3 - Famous Footwear


Friday

On Friday, hubby and I had a walking day date.  By that I mean that the majority of our date during the day was spent walking.  We like to park at our local public library, stop in to the bookstore inside of it where they sell $4 books, and then walk the 1.5 miles to downtown.  On this trip, we stopped into a little Greek restaurant and shared an appetizer of fresh pita bread with three different dips: tzatziki, hummus, and melitzanosalata.  I wanted to wear something that was cool, casual, and cute.  Since we were doing so much walking, I stuck to wearing my Keds.  They're less bulky than running shoes.  Still, this outfit would have definitely been cuter with a pair of sandals but this is about posting what I actually wore, not what looks best.  Also, yes, these are the same pants I wore on Wednesday.

floral print kimono - Papaya
olive green tee - Vanity Fair Clearance Outlet
mixed metal leaves cardigan clip - made by me
wine belt - Dress Barn
denim capris - Kohl's
black on black Keds - Amazon

And because I actually went out and did interesting things this week with other people, here are some bonus pictures of me wearing Wednesday's and Friday's outfits.


No comments:

Post a Comment