Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Blazer Haul! (+ Some Shoes)


In last week's clothing haul post, I talked about how I was on the hunt for blouses, blazers or cardigans, shoes, and an affordable leather belt.  I shared photos of the many blouses that I found but at the time, I had only found one blazer and no shoes or belt.  Yesterday, while my eyes were dilated from my optometrist exam, I stopped by the local mall to see what they had, since I was still under budget for my shopping money that I had set aside.  I figured a little blazer shopping was in order while my pupils went back to normal.  And I hit the haul jackpot!  I found four great blazers and also a pair of shoes.


Classic Essential Blazer in Navy
$18.99
from Papaya
[link]

I love this having a blazer in navy!  And since it's such stretchy fabric, it's quite comfortable.  This one might be a bit longer than I would have liked both in the torso and the sleeves.  The sleeves will be an easy fix.  Since the blazer is not lined, I can just shorten the hem on the sleeves.  I'm not sure if I would be able to do the same with the torso but if not, I can still live with the length.



Draped Open Front Blazer in White
$12.59
from Papaya
[link]

I wasn't positive about this blazer at first but when I tried it on, I instantly realized that its value would really come out this summer.  It's incredibly lightweight and thin which will be perfect to toss on over a blouse or dress this summer for when I want to look a bit more professional without adding a heavy layer.  And when I saw that it was on sale at my local store, I grabbed it up for less than I would normally pay for a shirt.


Single Button Stripe Roll-Up Sleeve Blazer in Medium Gray
$22.99
from Papaya
[link]

I tried on this same blazer in store several weeks ago and I just wasn't sure about it.  I decided to try it on again and this time I knew the answer was yes.  I actually am now wondering how I was ever unsure about this because the fit was great!  However, when the sleeves are rolled all the way down, they are way too long but that cute stripe detail was meant to be shown off anyway!  And I was surprised how comfortable this blazer was.  I'm really happy to have a grey blazer.  I think it will look great with so many different colors of pants or skirts: black, navy, olive, or any colored pant too.  I can't wait to wear this with lots of different things!


Single Button Stripe Roll-Up Sleeve Blazer in White
$22.99
from Papaya
[link]

This white blazer is thicker and more dressy than the other white one I bought.  It's the same style as the grey.  I was a little worried at first that the little spot on the lapel was a stain but I hand washed it in the sink last night after taking these photos and the spot came right out.  I actually wore this blazer to work today for a presentation I had to give to principals and I love the way it looked!  I felt really put together and cute without feeling like I looked stuffy.  Stay tuned later this week for outfit photos of me wearing this blazer and probably others too!


Pointed Loafer in Grey Snakeskin & Faux Suede
$10.00
from Papaya
[link]

The one item that doesn't really fit the blazer theme of this haul: shoes!  These shoes were a lot like the grey blazer... I've looked at them and tried them on before but passed on them at the time because I ended up getting the plain taupe shade of this same shoe instead, thinking they would go with more outfits.  When I came back and these were still there and now on clearance for only ten bucks, I bit the bullet and bought them.  I'm already looking forward to wearing them with the grey blazer!  Snakeskin is not my favorite but they certainly add an interesting detail to an outfit.  And I know the taupe ones I have are really comfortable so hopefully these will be too.  It helps that they come in wide sizes.

So there you have it!  Guess who's going on a spending ban for a little while now?  LOL!  But in all honesty, I'm really glad that I found so much of what I was looking for and I feel like I'm in a really good place with my wardrobe right now.  It's so much more fun getting dressed for work in the morning when you're excited about what you're wearing!  I've really been feeling good in my clothes lately and thinking that I look put together definitely makes me feel happier and more confident.  It's amazing what a difference clothes make!

No comments:

Post a Comment