Sunday, February 26, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: Feb 19 - 25


February 19 - 25

Eight weeks of 2017 over!  Three words perfectly summarize this past week for me: JUST. SO. BUSY.  This entire week there was only one day where I came straight home from work and that was Monday... you know, the day that no one else actually had to work?  Gah.  I'm looking forward to this coming week being far less busy so I can actually meet some of my goals!



1. Make healthier food choices.
✅  Even during an incredibly busy week, I've found it pretty easy to eat healthy.  That's because I'm still following the DASH Diet and still loving it!  I've been trying to stick to the number of servings on this form for 1,200 calorie diets.  I never feel hungry because I'm filling up on low calorie veggies and fruits.  Again, if you're looking to lose weight by eating right, you really should look into this diet.  It doesn't feel like a diet at all!



2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
🚫  Major fail here this week!  I completely contribute this fail to the fact that I just wasn't home to exercise.

Sunday: 20 minute indoor walk
Monday: 37 minute indoor walk
Tuesday: 10 minute indoor walk
Wednesday: 20 minute indoor walk
Thursday: 14 minute indoor walk
Friday: --
Saturday: --

Total time: 1 hour, 41 minutes



3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
✅  I did manage to achieve this goal!  Mostly because of the fact that I was so busy that I even managed to get 11,000 steps three days this week!  I didn't even make it close to 10,000 on Friday though.  That day I had meetings from 7:40 AM until 1:00 PM.  Then directly after work we went to my husband's Teacher of the Year Awards Ceremony and sat around for several more hours.  By the time we got home it was way too late and I was way too tired to worry about steps.  But since I had extra steps other days in the week, my 7-day total still ended up over 70,000 steps so I feel good about that.



4. Go to sleep earlier.
🚫  Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:40:12 PM.  Again, a super busy week and not getting home until way late several nights meant later bed times.  All week I felt tired and like I just wanted to take a nap!

🚫  Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 11:15:41 PM.  Another fail that I mostly contribute to not getting home from the awards ceremony until almost 11:00.



5. Leave some wiggle room.
✅  This is a goal I never have problems hitting.  😆  Can you tell my weakness is dessert?  At the awards ceremony dinner, our dessert was the amazingly beautiful round cake you see.  It was almost like a mousse cake or something and it was incredibly rich and delicious!  But I controlled myself and only ate half of it... even if it was the half with the chocolate slice and the whipped cream.  I also had fat free frozen yogurt with frozen raspberries and frozen yogurt with strawberries and peanuts.  I have to say though, the low fat froyo is much better than the fat free.  We'll be switching back after we eat this half gallon of fat free.  Sometimes you just have to do what's yummy!



6. Progress towards goal?
Well I didn't lose any weight this week but I also didn't gain any!  I'm calling that a win for this week.  My total weight loss is still 8.0 pounds.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm curious to see what their scale says I've lost.  



7. Goals for this week?
Last Week's Goals:
✅  1. Get 11,000 steps at least one day this week.
I hit this goal and exceeded it, getting 11,000 steps three days this week!
🚫  2. Complete a 15 minute yoga routine.
Nope!  Barely got in any exercise this week and didn't even have time to touch my yoga mat once.  Sad.
🚫  3. Try one new healthy recipe.
Another nope!  I was barely home at all to cook and when I was, it was something simple and quick.

This Week's Goals:
1. Stop setting so many goals!  Is that a goal?  LOL!  I just sort of realized that I'm really setting too many goals.  With my 5-6 regular goals and then adding on even more, it was just too much right now.  It's spreading my focus too thin so I think it will be better if I just focus on doing the things I've already set out to do and leave myself some more flexibility on how I go about doing those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment