Sunday, February 19, 2017

Weekly Goal Update: Feb 12 - 18


February 12 - 18

Seven weeks of 2017 down!  This week was incredibly busy and stressful for me.  Not stressful because of anything bad but just because I was swamped both at work and at home and I didn't have time to do everything I needed to do in either situation.  Let's see what got sacrificed in this incredibly full week.



1. Make healthier food choices.
Breakfast
Another week of oatmeal!

Lunch
Lunches consisted of healthy and balanced foods that were DASH diet friendly.  I went out to lunch on Friday and had a grilled chicken salad with red wine vinegar and olive oil.

Dinner
Again, dinners were DASH friendly and had lots of veggies.  Hubby is starting to have more lacrosse games and therefore is not home for dinner.  While I still want to eat well, I don't always want to go to the effort to cook an extravagant meal for one, especially when I'm low on time.  One fun new addition to my cooking repertoire has been a countertop grill that makes cooking for one really easy.  Toss some chicken in the grill, add some delicious low sodium barbecue sauce and put it on a whole wheat bun and microwave a steamable bag of vegetables and a healthy dinner is done.

Snack
Still eating nuts and raisins!


Dessert
I only had dessert a few nights this week.  I chose either low fat vanilla frozen yogurt with strawberries on top or strawberry fruit bars.


2. Exercise five days a week for thirty minutes (or a total of 150 minutes per week, 2.5 hours).
Check!  I was actually really surprised by the amount of exercise I completed.  At least I didn't skimp out on that!

Sunday: 41 minute indoor walk
Monday: 20 minute indoor walk
Tuesday: 31 minute indoor walk 
Wednesday: 37 minute indoor walk & 24 minutes of yoga
Thursday: 20 minute outdoor walk
Friday: 20 minutes of yoga
Saturday: --

Total time: 3 hours, 13 minutes


3. Get 10,000 steps six days a week.
Another check!  I got 10,000 steps or more every day this week.  On Saturday, I went on one of my marathon shopping trips with a good friend and I ended up with a total of 14,768 steps that day!  Nearly 50% above my daily step goal.


4. Go to sleep earlier.
Goal: Weeknights between 9:00PM and 9:30PM
My actual average bed time for weeknights was 9:28:04 PM.  I also went to bed every single night before 9:30!  However, several nights were not quality sleep after going to bed which left me feeling exhausted by Friday.

Goal: Weekends between 10:00PM and 10:30PM
My actual average bed time for weekends was 11:40:36 PM.  Way later than my goal time!  This was another area where I felt like I sacrificed this week.  Friday night I spent hours doing housework and then Saturday I went out shopping all day and needed quite a bit of time to unwind after before I was able to fall asleep.


5. Leave some wiggle room.
The stress of this week left me so tempted and when paired with that with the fact that I went out to eat several days, I'm actually pretty proud of the choices I made.  I split half a Valentine's chocolate bar with hubby and had some healthyish desserts.  When we were shopping Saturday, I had a whole wheat Greek wrap for lunch, stuffed full of veggies and totaling right around 500 calories (not bad for food court lunch!) and then we also stopped at Starbucks and I got a chai tea latte with almond milk (140 calories).  So all in all, I still think I did pretty well!


6. Progress towards goal?
While I didn't hit all of my goals this week, I did still lose weight!  I ended the week down 0.6 pounds and my total weight loss so far is 8.0 pounds, leaving me only 2.0 pounds left to lose before I hit my goal weight.


7. Goals for this week?
Last week's goals:
✅ 1. Complete a 20 minute yoga video.
I did this one and it was a great way to slow down during a very fast paced and busy week.
🚫 2. Complete at least one 20 minute strength walking workout.
I didn't hit this goal.  I was planning on doing this Friday night, but after a long week, I had to come home and do several hours worth of housework to clean up the mess that had been accumulating all week long.  After decluttering, scrubbing toilets and counters and reorganizing the pantry, I was pretty pooped and just wanted to relax and de-stress with some calming yoga instead.  Sometimes you just need to do what's right for you in that moment.
✅ 3. Go for a walk outside that is at least one mile.
I went for a much needed walk on Thursday that was 1.17 miles (1.88 kilometers).

This Week's Goals:
I know I have a ton of stuff going on this week after work and I still have to work on President's Day so I'm going to set my goals pretty light and just try to be realistic.
1. Get 11,000 steps at least one day this week.
2. Complete a 15 minute yoga routine.
3. Try one new healthy recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment