Monday, February 27, 2017

Outfits of the Week, Feb 20 - 24


I really enjoyed documenting and sharing my outfits last week so I thought I would do it again, even if I'm not getting around to posting them until several days after the fact!  Luckily, from now on it should be even easier to take pictures because I bought an awesome phone shutter remote just like this one from Walmart for less than five bucks!  It makes taking outfit photos incredibly easy and quick.  Now taking photos before work won't threaten to make me late!  Let's take a look at what I wore to work this week.



Monday
Don't I look thrilled to be going to work on President's Day?  LOL!  It was a perfectly fine (and slow) day at work but I definitely was feeling a little jealous that it seemed like the rest of the world didn't have to work.  To compensate, I wore a comfy dress.  When I realized my tights had a big run in the ankle, I threw on a pair of ankle boots to cover it because I couldn't be bothered to change.  Maybe not the most flattering outfit but I was professional enough and still comfortable.

navy shirt dress - Ross [similar 1] [similar 2]
pink cardigan - H&M [similar]
pearl sweater clip - Amazon [same]
tights - Walmart
ankle boots - Famous Footwear [same]



Tuesday
I absolutely loved this outfit!  The jeans coordinate perfectly with the red orange flowers in the top.  I felt so very cute and put together all day in this outfit.  It's one of my favorites that I've worn in quite a while.  I used to think I hated prints but now I'm thinking maybe I just needed to find prints that I like and this floral is lovely.

navy floral top - Papaya [same]
mocha cardigan - Papaya [similar]
mixed metal leaves sweater clip - made by me 🙂
chili red pants - JC Penney [same]
brown buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
brown buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes [same but in black]



Wednesday
I only had time Wednesday morning to take one outfit photo, as I had to leave early to drive to a school for a training I was giving.  I wanted to look professional but still fun and approachable and I love the way this cute printed blazer looked with black pants and a pop of color in the shirt.  And it's really interesting and unique.

black and white geometric print blazer - Beall's Outlet [similar striped blazer]
pink tie neck blouse - Kohl's [similar]
black buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
black essential chino - Amazon [same]
black buckle flats - Rack Room Shoes [same]



Thursday
While I really loved most all of my outfits of this week, this one wins the prize by far.  I just absolutely loved everything about this outfit so much.  I posted a photo on Instagram with some better details of the amazing pointy toe shoes and the beautiful floral print blouse.  I love the way the olive in the blouse is brought out by the pants.  I just felt amazingly sophisticated and pretty in this outfit.  Days like this make getting dressed fun!  And the outfit was incredibly comfortable for a 16 hour day that included work, attending an extracurricular activity with the hubby, and shopping at the mall afterwards.  These shoes are surprisingly comfy and come in wide sizes!

black floral tie neck blouse - Papaya [same style, different color]
white cardigan - Kohl's [similar]
pearl sweater clip - Amazon [same]
black buckle belt - Beall's Outlet
moss essential chino - Amazon [same]
taupe pointed toe flat - Payless [same]



Friday
On Friday, my sweet hubby had his Teacher of the Year Awards Ceremony.  He has won twice now, once at each school he has taught at and I am just so proud!  We had to leave right after work so I wore the same thing to work that I wore to the ceremony.  This shirt dress with its crinoline lining makes it fancy enough for a big night but still suitable for work without being over the top.  And the cardigan and sweater clip combined with the A-line silhouette shirt dress made me feel like a vintage 1950s model.

white 3/4 cardigan - Belk [same but 3/4 sleeve]
pearl sweater clip - Amazon [same]
navy shirt dress with crinoline - Burlington [same but polka dot] [same for plus size]
tights - Walmart
pointed toe cognac shoes - Beall's Outlet [similar]

So there you have it!  My outfits for an entire week of work.  Would anyone have any interest in seeing what I wear on the weekends?  Most weekends it's yoga pants and a workout tank top because I'm just sitting on the couch but sometimes I do actually leave the house. 🙃  This weekend when we went grocery shopping and to a few others stores I just wore a pair of denim capris with the cuffs rolled up, a black boyfriend tee and my black and white Keds.  Nothing fancy but I'd be happy to share my casual wear if anyone is interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment