Saturday, January 28, 2017

Travel Makeup


It was so nice waking up in my own bed this morning and putting on my makeup in my normal space.  You see, I've spent the last three nights in a hotel while attending a conference for work.  So I thought it would be fun to share what makeup I ended up bringing with me because when I'm in a hotel without all the comforts of home, I like to pack makeup that I know I can count on.  Let's start with the tools I brought.


First, let's talk brushes.  I brought my tried and true brushes that I know I can rely on, from left to right:
1. up & up blush brush
2. real techniques setting brush
3. real techniques duo fiber powder brush
4. sonia kashuk small shadow brush
5. elf eyeshadow brush
6. ecotools angled liner brush
7. ebelin blenderpinsel (I use it as a crease brush.)
8. real techniques deluxe crease brush (I use it as a blending brush.)
The brushes are all contained in the brush case that came with the real techniques starter set for eyes.

Next, I have a travel mirror to apply the makeup.  One side is regular and the back is magnified.  I carried Q tips, a clean mascara spoolie, elf one dollar tweezers, and sponge wedges in my "It's a Good Day" zip case.  And things wouldn't be complete without my elf one dollar lash curler and some tissues.


Moving on to the face products we have:
1. elf makeup mist & set
2. elf hd lifting concealer in fair
3. l'oreal true match powder in n2: classic ivory
4. jordana powder blush in rouge (I actually bought this while I was traveling.  I found a Publix that actually carried Jordana!)
5. benefit erase paste in fair
6. essence matt touch blush in berry me up
7. covergirl clean matte bb cream in fair


In the eyes category, we have some more awesome favorites that I can always count on.
1. milani eyeshadow primer
2. milani brow shaping clear wax pencil
3. elf instant lift brow pencil in neutral brown
4. rimmel scandaleyez eyeliner in nude
5. covergirl clump crusher water resistant
6. maybelline colossal volum' express waterproof mascara in classic black
7. covergirl trunaked eyeshadow palette in nudes


And finally we have all the lippies!
1. milani color statement lipstick in pretty natural*
2. maybelline babylips* in cherry me
3. elf beautifully bare lipstick in touch of blush
4. jordana classic color lip liner in mulberry (I also bought this while traveling.)
5. taylor swift wonderstruck roller ball perfume (I know this doesn't go on your lips!  LOL!  But I forgot to put it in with the tools so I just included it here.)
6. carmex original lip balm*

All the products marked with an asterisk (*) were already in my purse because I have a lippie addiction.  😆

That's all the makeup I took with me (and/or purchased while I was away)!  What are your must have makeup products?

No comments:

Post a Comment