Monday, January 30, 2017

BuddhiBox January 2017


My BuddhiBox came late this month and then I was out of town for the rest of the week so I'm just now getting a chance to post what was in it.  Let's take a more detailed look at what was inside.



Seeds of Intention Cards
by May You Know Joy
$15.00
[link]
These cards are a really neat idea but I just don't really know what I'll do with them.  I was thinking I can pick out a couple each week to display on my yoga inspiration cork board.  I would definitely not have purchased these on my own though.



Toxic Detox Aromatherapy Spray
by Urban Mysticism
$20.00
* Cruelty Free
[link]
I like aromatherapy sprays but I already have multiple others and I just don't need any more.  However, this is a nice scent (lavender and peppermint) and I see myself using it but probably not all of it.

Smudge Stick
by Brand Name
$5.00
This product was listed on my card, however I did not receive one in my box.  I guess I'm not that disappointed because I wouldn't have used it anyway but I hate that I paid for it and didn't get it.  I could have at least sent it to my brother, who would have enjoyed it.



Green Superfood Detox Sample
by Amazing Grass
$3.00
* Cruelty Free, Organic, Vegan
[link]
I have to be honest, I was not excited about this product at all.  I'm still scarred after my December BuddhiBox where we got a protein bar from this same company in the same flavor and it was absolutely gross to me.  Also, after taking a closer look at the nutrition facts, I was quite surprised by just how much sodium is in this packet.  I think I'll be passing it on to a friend at work who is into protein shakes.  I'll stick to getting my vitamins and nutrients through normal food.



Nothing is Impossible Cuff
by Buddhi Box
$30.00
[link]
This was the only item in this box that I was excited about!  This cuff is really pretty and I think I'll wear it but I really would never pay this much for a bracelet, especially for one that I like a lot but don't love.  The quote is nice but just doesn't really speak to me at this moment.



Gettin' Fierce: Steps into a Positive Mindset eBook
by Perspectives Yoga
$16.00 (currently on sale for $10.00)
[link]
I found this very disappointing.  I wouldn't have minded getting a printed book, even if it's only twenty pages but I just don't enjoy reading eBooks.  There's also the fact that I have to now make the effort to go to the site, give out my email (inviting a bunch of spam emails into my life, I'm sure), and wait for the response email before I could get this book.  And after skimming through it... it looks like every other self help book I've read and gotten bored with after ten pages.



Matcha Green Tea Samples
by Lively Matcha
$2.00
* Vegan
[link]
Another product I have no interest in trying.  I love tea but I've never tried matcha and never really wanted to.  I guess it will be an opportunity to expand my horizons but I just tried chai tea for the first time and that took me years to be brave enough to experiment with.  The fact that this is green and looks like wasabi is not helping.



Lavender Detox Body Scrub
by Hara Healing Shop
$12.50 for full size, 4 oz (I received a 0.5 ounce jar, $1.56)
* Cruelty Free, Vegan
[link]
This product is not really something I'll get excited about but I believe I will use it.  I occasionally enjoy using a body scrub to exfoliate my arms and legs.  I sometimes have break outs of keratosis pilaris on my arms and a good exfoliation helps prevent it.  However, I find that just using an exfoliating loofah is usually enough. 

BuddhiBox Extras



Lassi Recipe
I have yet to make any of the recipes that have come in my BuddhiBox and this one will be no exception.  Watered down yogurt sounds gross to me.



Yoga Pose Card
This card is absolutely beautiful and the yoga pose cards are usually one of my favorite things in the box.  I just wish they were poses I could do!  Splits are not in my repertoire at this point in my life.  Maybe one day?



Quote Card
This is a lovely quote and I like the look with the green border.  On the back is all of the product information for each item.

Total Value: $81.56

Conclusion:
I was incredibly disappointed by this month's box.  There was only one thing that I even liked.  All the rest were just meh or things I didn't like at all.  I'm really hoping next month is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment