Sunday, November 27, 2016

BuddhiBox November 2016


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I've been fighting a cold since Wednesday and I've spent most of my time off drinking orange juice and hot tea and blowing my nose.  So even though my November BuddhiBox came in the mail late on Tuesday, I haven't really had the energy to even think about it until now.  But I'm finally starting to feel a little better and I mustered up the energy to get off the couch and take some pictures so I could share with you what came in my box this month.  If you're unfamiliar with BuddhiBox, I've written in more detail about it in the September and October box posts.


Almond Orange Face Scrub
by SkinYoga
$2.00 for sample size ($18.00 for full size)
* Cruelty Free, Vegan
[link]
The first item we have here is a tiny little bottle of almond orange facial exfoliator.  At first, I was not very excited about this.  I have incredibly sensitive skin and exfoliating often irritates it even further.  However, I got brave this afternoon and decided to give it a try.  I used about one fourth of the bottle with some water to make a paste and quickly rubbed it over my skin and I am impressed!  It's a very gentle exfoliant but it's definitely effective!  My skin feels incredibly soft.  And the little wooden box it came in is so cute!  I hate to throw the box away so I think I might use it to store my earbuds on my desk at work.



Watercolor Cards
by Purely Zen
$16.00 ($4.00 each)
[link]
These cards are amazingly beautiful!  I especially love the lotus and the butterfly girl.  They are blank inside and have matching blank envelopes.  These will be perfect to send a sweet message to a friend.  Who wouldn't love getting one of these?  That would be a card I would actually keep!



Vega Coffee Sample
by Vega
$2.00 ($18.00 for full size)
* Cruelty free, Vegan
[link]
I can always get excited about coffee!  I think I got the light roast sample, just based on the color of the grounds.  I haven't tried it yet but it's set to brew for breakfast tomorrow!  I start every day with a big ole' cup of coffee and sometimes indulge in a cup or two mid day as well.  Coffee is always a welcome item in my book!



Elements Headband
by Urban Siren
$12.95
* Cruelty Free
To be honest, I wasn't too terribly excited about this headband just because of the fact that it isn't my style.  I'm not a smoke/flame/whatever-this-is print kind of person.  But I do enjoy headbands some times so I'll give it a try the next time my hair is dirty.  Maybe I'll end up really liking it but my first impression is to be turned off by the print.



Organic All Natural Whitening Tooth Powder
by Smart Ash
$2.00
* Organic, Cruelty Free, Vegan
[link]
To be honest, I just can't get excited about toothpaste.  I'll try it out but I'm pretty disappointed about this.

BuddhiBox Extras
The next two items were considered BuddhiBox extras.  Each box included two items from past BuddhiBoxes so the next two items varied from box to box.



Sports Wash Detergent
by No Sweat
$5.95
[link]
Right there with the toothpaste, I can't get excited about laundry detergent.  I'm not even sure if I can use this, because my washer is an HE.  But I'm thinking I'll try it as a sweat stain remover.  On their website, they said you can use it on sweat stains by letting them soak and then laundering as normal.  My husband and I have some white shirts that we've set aside to try this with next laundry day.



Hair & Body Butter
by Co-Pūr
$22.00
[link]
I was really excited about this at first because I loved last month's shea butter so much.  But when I opened up the jar...
Apparently it needed a good shaking! LOL

??  When I think of body butter, I don't usually think of this texture.  "Butter" to me would be a soft moldable solid but this is a chunky, oily, liquidy gross texture.  I'm not sure if it went bad or if it's supposed to be that way or if it just needs stirred up or what.  [Edit: Stirring did not help.  What did help was shaking the jar really hard for a good 60 seconds.  The texture you see to the right looks much better!]  But, my hair could use a deep condition and I'm also out of shave gel and need to shave my legs tonight.  So I think I'm going to slather some in my hair, slather some on my legs and then hop in the shower.  I think it will both moisturize my legs and make shaving easy.  We'll see.  I tried just applying this to my skin but it was just totally oily and nasty and really did have a texture like I had smeared a stick of butter on my hands.



Detox Stix
by Tranzend
$3.33 (full size is 30 packs for $49.99)
[link]
While I totally don't believe in the need for detoxification (a friend of mine that is a doctor says that's what your liver and kidneys are meant to do), I'm all about taking in some extra vitamins and minerals when I have a cold.  And these are basically powdered vitamins in my mind.  I thought they would taste really nasty but I tried one this afternoon and it was pretty good!  It had a light citrus flavor without tasting like Tang.  And it did better at dissolving in cold water than I thought it would.  Normally, I would have no use or interest in a product like this, but I think it was a nice little treat for a sick day.







And there are always the little cards that come with the boxes too.  The first one is a quote and also has the product information on the back.  There was also a yoga pose (this month was peacock pose) and a vegan recipe.

Total Value: $64.23
As best as I can figure out, the total value for my box was $64.23.  It was a little hard to figure out just because there were so many sample sizes but I think my math is right here.

Conclusion
So overall this wasn't my favorite box.  We'll save that honor for last month's box, where I seriously loved every item.  I still think there were enough items that I liked and will use to satisfy me though.  And I think this month was a great value for what I got.  I'm looking forward to December's box!

No comments:

Post a Comment