Sunday, August 14, 2016

Shop My Stash Drawer


Hey friends!  I've been crazy busy with work lately and I know I'm about to go into at least two more crazy weeks so I made it a point this weekend to empty out my shop my stash drawer and refill it with makeup that was easy and fuss free so I can out the door quick.  Low maintenance has been the name of the game lately for me.




Let's start with my clear plastic container, which houses the items I've been using every day without switching it up at all.  Although, it seems that my Benefit Erase Paste was photographed in the wrong place.  It definitely belongs here with the things I use every day.  I have pretty much used it every day since I got it back in December of 2015.

maybelline lash discovery waterproof mascara in very black - Love this for lower lashes!  The tiny brush does a great job of grabbing all those little lashes and making them darker and more defined without clumping them up.

maybelline colossal volum' express waterproof mascara in classic black - I love this mascara for my top lashes.  It holds a curl and gives length and thickness without being clumpy.  I'm personally not a fan of clumpy lashes.

elf lash curler - I'm not sure if elf still sells this exact lash curler but I love that the base is wide enough to fit all my lashes in without pinching the outer edges.

elf instant lift brow pencil in neutral brown - This brow pencil is the perfect color for me: not too warm and not too cool.  It's a quick and easy fill in for me and I love that the attached spoolie makes it even quicker - no digging for a separate brush.

elf clear brow and lash mascara - Again, quick and easy, but this gel also has just the right amount of hold.  And it's only $2!

mascara wands - Just a little something I like to keep around to brush out any clumps and separate my lashes after I apply mascara.

wet n wild fergie take on the day eyeshadow primer - This primer has been discontinued but I think wet n wild has pretty much the same product in different packaging now.  It's not as good as milani's eyeshadow primer in my opinion but it works okay and I'm just trying to use it up.

wet n wild color icon eyeshadow single in brulee - I reach for this shadow nearly every day as an eyebrow highlight.  I love that it's matte and for me it's really close to my skin tone.

cover girl simply powder foundation in ivory - I just love this powder!  It has great coverage without being too cakey looking.  I really like it on its own when my skin is clear or at times like now when it's not, it works great used sparingly as a setting powder over foundation and concealer.



Next we'll move on to the white plastic tray where I keep the items that I tend to swap out.  We'll go section by section, starting with lip products.



This little section has lots of sheer lipsticks.  These are the ones I've been reaching for the most.  Not pictured however, is maybelline baby lips in cherry me.  This one has been living in my purse because I've ended up using it almost every day, no matter what I start the day with.  I love that it adds just enough color, it's really moisturizing, and you don't need a mirror to apply it.

essence lip liner in cute pink - This is a nice neutral pink lip liner that works well under lots of other lip colors.  I pulled it out specifically to use with the neutrogena lippie.
neutrogena moisture smooth color stick in juicy papaya - This lippie is really moisturizing and comfortable and has just the right peachy pink color to match just about any other makeup you're wearing.
maybelline baby lips in pink glow - I loved my maybelline cherry me so much, I thought I might enjoy this too.  I'm still sort of trying it out so I pulled it out to remind me to use it more.
cover girl smoochies in #doubledare - This is another newer lip item for me.  I love that it has a beautiful peachy color.  Usually I find peach lip colors on me look bad but this one is sheer enough that I feel like I can pull it off while still getting enough of the peach color.  I would love to try more of these smoochies but I'm just so sure that I don't need them.  LOL
essence sheer & shine lipstick in 09  i feel pretty - This is a sheer lipstick in a purpley pink color.  It's just really fun and pretty.
essence sheer & shine lipstick in 03 bff - This is another sheer lipstick in a your lips but better shade.  It's just the most perfect color to really brighten up your face, even if you aren't wearing much other makeup.  I think it goes well with pretty much any other makeup and it's one of my current favorites.



I love lip products so there is actually a second compartment with more lippies in it.

milani color statement lipstick in pretty natural - This is my favorite lipstick ever!  If I have an important meeting and I want to look my best, I always pull for this.
essence long lasting lipstick in natural beauty - This is a great natural lipstick.  For me, it's very similar to my natural lip color so it's hard to tell if I'm even wearing anything.  It does a great job of smoothing and evening out.
sonia kashuk shine luxe sheer lipstick in sheer mauve - Luxurious shine and hydration are two great perks of this sheer lip color.  It's another that's close to my natural lips but with more shine and moisture.



Let's move over to the center, where my blushes are currently living.  I just now realized that out of these five blushes, it's only two different brands!  I guess I know what I like.

milani powder blush in romantic rose - This is the perfect natural matte color.  I wear it so often, I'm wearing down the rose pattern.  If you don't have this blush, you need it in your life.
essence silky touch blush in babydoll - A great natural pink blush with just a bit of a satin finish.  Great for days when I feel like my skin is looking just a bit dull.  I haven't had time for highlight lately so this is like a two in one.
essence silky touch blush in autumn peach - Same idea, but a lovely peachy shade.
milani minerals blush in mai tai - I know, I know, this blush has been discontinued for ages.  However, it may just be the most perfect matte coral blush on earth and I refuse to stop using it until it gets gross.  I know there are other people that still have this kicking around too!
essence blush up! powder blush in heat wave - Similar to mai tai, but with more orange.  A great warm coral for summer!  You can't really tell in the photo but it's an ombre blush that goes from bright orange to bright pink so you can control the tone of the blush depending on your mood that day.  Feeling more orange or pink?



Now we're moving on to face products.  Seriously, my skin has been awful this last week.  I think it's my fault too.  I didn't even think about it, but I worked out like four times this week with a full face of makeup on.  As in sweating like a pig worked out.  I shower right after but I'm sure sweat and dirt and makeup mixing into my skin and then me wiping it all on a towel probably contributed to this acne.  I've learned my lesson and now I've started washing my face with an Olay Daily Facial cloth before exercising so hopefully my skin will start to clear up soon.  Until then, I've pulled out several concealers and foundations to at least fake some clear skin.

revlon colorstay whipped creme foundation in ivory - I haven't used this one in quite awhile so I pulled it back out to make some use of it.  But now I'm thinking that maybe that jar that you dip your hands into might not be the best idea for my currently unhappy skin.  Maybe I should try the classic colorstay, now that it comes in a pump bottle?  Or I guess maybe I should pull out my elf acne fighting foundation.
benefit erase paste in no 1 fair - As I mentioned before, I love this.  I have horrible dark undereye circles and this stuff covers them incredibly well and also lasts all day long.  Worth every penny!
elf hd concealer in fair - When I have blemishes, I reach for this concealer over any other.  It blends out over zits incredibly well.  My only complaint is that it's too dark!  I've even tried mixing it with white foundation corrector and it helps but I can only wear it with certain foundations.
maybelline better skin concealer in ivory - I pulled out this concealer because it's lighter than the elf hd one.  I don't really remember how I felt about it so I figured I'd give it another try.
covergirl clean matte bb cream in fair - I love this stuff for when my skin is more clear!  It gives a bit of coverage (like a light coverage foundation) and it's so easy to apply.  I love it paired with a powder foundation.
rimmel match perfection concealer in fair - I used this concealer a lot a while back and I remember really liking it but I haven't used it in quite a while.  It's also lighter than the elf hd so I thought now would be a great time to give it some more love.
loreal infallible pro matte foundation in shell beige - This foundation is great!  The shade is just a tad too dark for me but the shade lighter is too light.  However, it matches the elf hd concealer really well and offers great coverage so they are a go to pairing for me when my skin isn't so great.


We're in the final stretch here: eye shadows and liners!  I have two photos here because this one palette is sort of covering everything under it.  😆

Too Faced Pixie Pin-Ups Palette - Hubby bought this palette for me years ago for Christmas and I always forget how much I love it.  The shadows are great quality and really easy to wear colors.  I just wish the packaging wasn't so bulky: There's only six shadows in it but it takes up a ton of space!



essence waterproof eyeliner pen - Great liquid liner pen!  Love this and highly recommend it.
rimmel scandaleyes eyeliner pencil in nude - I like to wear this on the waterline on days where I look extra tired for a brightening effect.
essence gel liner pencil in black blaze - When I'm short on time, I skip other liners and just use this to tightline.  Lasts great there.
hard candy baked eyeshadow duo in peace - I haven't used this for awhile but I know it's a great quick eye look, if you don't mind super shimmery shadows.
l'oreal infallible eyeshadow in endless pearl - This is a perfect matte cream shade.  I apply it with my finger and just throw a darker shade in the crease and I'm on my way!
essence eyeshadows in all i need; keep calm and berry on; triple choc - These shadows are fairly new to me and I'm really loving them!  I use triple choc often as a crease color.  It's dark enough to give some definition but not so dark that you have to be super careful.
covergirl trunaked eyeshadow palette in nudes - This palette is great!  Everything you need is right here and you can go anywhere from incredibly natural to more dramatic.
avon 8-in-1 eye palette in neutral tones - This palette however, can't stand on its own in my opinion.  That's when I pull in triple choc.  But if you like light shadows, there's a variety of tones and textures in this little palette.  I like it for when I'm feeling into natural looks but it's not my absolute favorite.
nyc smooth skin bronzing face powder in sunny - I've seriously had this bronzer forever.  It's not my favorite for bronzer (I feel like it's a bit too orange for me) but it makes a good light contour for eyes or a great transition shade to help blend out.

Wow, that's it!  If you made it through and read this entire post, then you have earned a high five and a round of applause!  🖐 👏

No comments:

Post a Comment