Tuesday, March 29, 2016

NOTD: Sonic Bloom


These nails are actually from over a week ago but I'm just now getting around to posting this.  I sort of forgot until I saw the photos on my computer.  Better late than never, though!  I started off with a base coat of Sally Hansen Insta Dri and then went on to this lovely polish.  It's a bright red but it's sort of a coral red, if that makes any sense at all.  It's very vibrant and lovely.  I was stupid though and used two coats (old habits die hard) when one would most certainly have been opaque enough if only I had been more careful.  After that I finished off with a top coat of NYC Grand Central Station and all that polish was just too much.



This manicure only lasted about 24 hours because it started chipping within a few hours.  I'm really not pleased with my NYC Grand Central Station top coat.  I feel like ever since I started using it I can never get a manicure to last even a full day.  Also, you can't really tell in the photos but in real life, you could see tiny bubbles in the polish.  I can't say for sure that it's the top coat, since I know I used way too much polish with the two coats.  But it's something I'll be keeping an eye out for when I paint my nails again.


No comments:

Post a Comment