Wednesday, March 16, 2016

FOTD: Plum


Three days, three faces and today's color inspiration is plum.  Please excuse the fact that today's face is happy but the hair is sad.  It was wet and undone because I knew I was going to be heading out to get a hair cut after the photos.  It didn't turn out well for me at all.  I found out that my regular stylist no longer works at the salon I go to so I had to get someone else and I hate the way it turned out.  I feel like so many stylists don't listen to what I want and cut my hair the way they think it should look.  I asked for a 1" trim with long layers.  I don't feel like that's what I ended up with at all.  It doesn't look bad.  It's just not what I like, as it's making the longest layers in the back flip out all over the place but then the rest of it lays flat and normal.  I hate that about my hair and yet I feel like I always end up with my hair cut that way.  I seriously may start cutting my own hair.  Grrr.  Rant over.  Anyway, does any one have tips on how to cut your hair yourself or how I can better communicate to a stylist what I do (and definitely don't) want in a hair cut?


face:
nyc smooth skin bb cream instant matte in light
benefit erase paste in no. 1 fair
milani even touch powder foundation in shell
jordana powder blush in blushing rose
maybelline define-a-brow brow pencil in medium brown
nyx control freak brow gel

eyes:
cover girl super sizer waterproof mascara in very black

nyc high definition liquid eyeliner in extra black

lips:
essence lip liner in honey berry

jordana twist & shine moisturizing balm stain in cranberry crush


After hair cut.  Feeling 'meh' at best about it.




2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the haircut! I am never super in love with mine either, but I usually find bringing pictures in helps the process (too bad it's hard to find pics of hair like mine!). Also, I really enjoy this series of FOTDs; they've all been so pretty and inspirational! What do you think of the super sizer mascara?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not sure my final verdict on the Super Sizer Mascara. I've only used it a handful of times and I feel like there's a fairly steep learning curve because the wand and process for how to use it is different. I think I've figured out some tricks to make it work for me but I don't think it's going to be a favorite or anything.

      Delete