Sunday, March 13, 2016

Beauty Haul



This time my haul is not fun and random, but instead is fun and beauty related!  I ordered three items from Amazon that all came in the same day I stopped by Dollar General to pick up some greeting cards and somehow ended up in the makeup aisle.  It all came together to make up a nice little haul of all things beauty related.

Bed Head Dual Waver - I mentioned in this Instagram post how much I love wavy hair.  I'm so jealous of all types of waves: big loose waves, beachy waves, tousled waves, tight waves, you name it and I love all forms of wavy hair, especially as we near the warmer months.  I'm capable of French braiding my own hair enough to get some body waves just to add texture but sometimes I want something a bit more defined.  I liked that this waver had two different sizes for waves.  I got it for $22.31 on Amazon Prime. [exact]

Silicone Oven Grip - Wait, I thought all these items were beauty related.  An oven mitt?  Well, after reading NouveauCheap's review about how she used a similar grip to clean her makeup brushes, I thought that just seemed to genius so I picked one up to try out this coming weekend when I clean my makeup brushes.  Also from Amazon Prime.  [exact]

Cover Girl Super Sizer Mascara in Waterproof Very Black- Several people on YouTube lately have been suggesting that I need to try this mascara.  I actually tried to buy it last week but my local grocery store was out of the waterproof version and that's what I tend to prefer because it usually holds a curl better.  Today when I stopped in to Dollar General to pick up some greeting cards, I was thrilled that I found it and it was cheaper than at the grocery store too.  I can't wait to give this a try and I hope I like it as much as everyone else does! [on CG's website]

NYC High Definition Felt Tip Eyeliner in Extra Black - I already know I like this product but the tube that I currently have is starting to dry up a bit, after many months of use.  Since it's only $3.99 and available through Amazon Prime (I seriously have an addiction!), I decided to go ahead and order another tube, as I want to compare it to some other similar products.  [on NYC's website] [Amazon Prime]

Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation in Ivory - During the warmer months, I often like to just wear powder foundation but I had used all of mine up.  Last week, I bought this powder foundation from Milani and was sorely disappointed with how the lightest shade was still too dark and yellow for me.  That same day I had tried to buy the Cover Girl powder foundation (along with that mascara) but they were all out of the lightest shade, which is how I ended up with the Milani.  Hopefully this shade will match me or else the hunt will continue.  I really should start buying more of my makeup from Ulta or CVS or some where that the return policy is easy if the shade doesn't match.  Anyone have suggestions?  [on CG's website]

2 comments:

  1. I hope you'll like the Super Sizer mascara. It took me a while to get used to it and then I fell in love!
    -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M, It's definitely taking some getting used to. I like the formula but I'm struggling with figuring out how to twist the brush while applying but I keep trying in hopes that practice makes perfect.

      Delete