Monday, January 18, 2016

Manicure Monday: GLITTER!


Since I didn't have to work today, I had a lot more extra time and I just felt like playing with some nail polish.  I've really been enjoying playing with my glitter polishes lately and I like that if I don't want to wear the manicure for a long time (because the texture of glitter can annoy me), I can peel it right off when I use the Elmer's glue base coat.  That's what I did today!



After that glue base coat dried, I applied two coats of Milani's Red Sparkle.  Just like the Gold Glitz of this same brand that I used last week, this bottle was thick, goopy, and hard to work with.  But so much pretties!



After that, I applied a top coat of New York Color Grand Central Station but that glitter just soaked up top coat and was still gritty and rough so I added another coat.  After all those layers, this polish didn't even last through the day but I didn't really expect it to either.  I just enjoyed spending a few hours looking at the pretty glitter!  And the book nerd in me loved that the red glitter with specks of gold reminded me of Smaug's belly from The Hobbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment