Sunday, January 10, 2016

Face of the Day/Hair of the Day


You may recognize the photo above from an Instagram post I shared earlier today.  I ended up shooting a video after finishing all of my makeup and while taking pictures for my thumbnail, I snapped a few for a FOTD/HOTD post as well.  Here's what I wore.


Face:
* rimmel fix and perfect pro primer
* rimmel lasting finish foundation in light ivory
* benefit erase paste no. 1 fair
* nyc smooth skin loose powder in translucent
* wet n wild ultimate brow mascara in nothing but bru-nette
* jordana blush in blushing rose
* nyc smooth skin bronzing face powder in sunny
* wet n wild color icon bronzer in reserver your cabana
* elf makeup mist & set

Eyes:
* wet n wild fergie take on the day eyeshadow primer in for my primas
* sonia kashuk eye on neutral palette in matte 02
* nyx single eyeshadow in skinny dip
* smashbox limitless eyeliner in onyx (tightline)
* elf eye primer & liner sealer (sealer + matte black shadow to line top lashes)

Lips:
* Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Pretty Natural
* Carmex Lip Balm



And if you're wondering how I got this slightly wavy texture to my hair, it's actually really simple.  Last night when it was damp after showering, I added some volumizing mousse (So Gorgeous Root Mousse) at the roots and just a little bit of heat protectant (Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat) at the ends.  Then I blow dried my hair and separated it into two sections: left and right.  I sprayed one side with sea salt spray (Garnier Fructis Beach Chic) and then French braided it and tied it off with a small elastic.  I did the same to the other side.  Then in the morning, I let out the braids and used a flat iron to straighten the ends of any pieces that were weird from the elastic.  Then I changed the part for some volume and that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment