Thursday, January 7, 2016

December Empties


Hair Care Products:
Garnier Fructis Style Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist: I had used several bottles of this product in 2015.  It's a nice lightweight heat protectant that doesn't weigh down fine hair.  It's also very inexpensive but I felt like I needed to use a lot of it to protect my hair.  Therefore, I was flying through about a bottle every three weeks, which when you add it up, ends up costing more than something that is a little pricier but you need to use less of.  Right now, I'm using the Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat from Sally Beauty supply.  It costs more, but I only need to use a tiny amount each time so it's lasting me ages.
Salon Grafix Invisible Dry Spray Shampoo (travel size): I took this on my trip to Pittsburgh with me at Christmas.  It's my absolute favorite dry shampoo and I use it every day and buy the travel size for when I'm traveling.  I love it and I keep repurchasing it because it doesn't leave a white cast in my hair, it doesn't feel gross, and does a great job of absorbing oil and adding texture to my fine hair.
Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Define & Hold Creme: I have had this for years.  I bought it ages ago for when I let my hair set in braids over night.  My hair is naturally straight so this did nothing but add weight and a greasy feel to it.  I would never buy it again and I'm glad it's gone.
Garnier Fructis Style Texture Tease: This stuff is awesome and I've already replaced it.  I love the way it adds grit and hold to my hair.  It is really wonderful to updos because it gives your hair some hold without feeling crunchy like hairspray can.  I recommend it but beware that if you use too much of it, it can leave a whitecast and make your hair hard to manage.



Skin Care Products:
Equate 2-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths: I love these for taking off my makeup at the end of the day.  I've already repurchased them and love how easily they get off 95% of my makeup.
Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment: I love this too!  I buy the enormous bottle you see here on Amazon and only go through one about once every four to six months.  It costs quite a bit but if I only replace it twice a year, it's a huge bargain compared to buying hundreds of the little bottles of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide sold in drugstores.  It keeps my skin much clearer than it used to be without drying it out too much.  I've already reordered another bottle.
DG Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes: This is another item that was bought for my travels.  I like these Dollar General makeup wipes to remove the 5% of makeup that the daily facial cloths don't get (just a bit of leftover eyeliner).  These come in a ten pack for one dollar and I always get them for when I travel because they are the cheapest and work really great.


Cosmetic Products:
Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Classic Black: I seem to go through about one of these a month.  It's my favorite mascara and I always go back to it.  I love that it holds a curl well because it's waterproof and it doesn't flake off.  My lashes are already long but this makes them look darker and more noticeable.
NYC In A New York Minute Nail Polish in Grand Central Station: I like to use this clear polish as a top coat.  I actually had two bottles of this that were both half empty and not really usable any more because the brush couldn't get down to the polish so I combined the bottles and made one usable bottle.  Trying not to be wasteful, as top coat isn't something I find to be a fun repurchase.  I like this one but I'm not sure how well it's working for me, as my last two manicures have chipped within just a couple of days.

So that's it!  The last empties of 2015!  I'm actually thinking about in 2016 saving all of my makeup empties throughout the year (not hair or skin empties), just to see how much makeup I'm actually using up.  But then at the same time, I was thinking, 'How much do I really want to hang on to my garbage for en entire year?'.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment