Monday, January 11, 2016

Coral and Gold Mani


Another manicure!  I'm on a roll lately with painting my nails.  For this one, I started off with a coat of Sally Hansen Insta Dri base coat on the nails that got the coral polish and Elmer's glue base coat on my ring fingers.  After that dried, the ring fingers got a coat of Milani's One Coat Glitter polish in Gold Glitz and the others got two coats of Essie's Stones N Roses.  My bottle of Gold Glitz is so old and thick it was really hard to apply so I guess I should be on the look out for a new opaque gold glitter.  Suggestions are welcome!  I topped it all off with NYC's Grand Central Station.



Gold Glitz didn't hold up well at all.  It peeled off in less than twelve hours because the layers were so thick.  I redid it the next morning with a thinner layer and it held up a little better.  The Essie polish was a really pretty peachy coral but I found it a bit hard to work with and streaky.  I know lots of people love Essie's formula but I personally find it hard to work with.



I'm just really enjoying a glitter accent nail lately.  I know it's not for everyone but I just love a little silver or gold glitter with a mani.  What nail polish styles are you enjoying lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment