Sunday, January 24, 2016

1,772 Days


I spent 1,772 days wearing braces.  When I began this journey in March of 2011 I never thought it would be that long but somehow in the end, it was so, so worth it.  I feel so much more confident now that my smile is what I always wanted it to be.  Granted, it's still not perfect.  The right side of my smile still has a small gap, almost too small to even see in photographs.  You can see it in real life though.  I still have some cosmetic dental work that I'll have to have done to fill in that gap, which will not only improve my smile but also make my teeth healthier than they would be with a gap that could allow bacteria to cause gum disease.

In the end, if you're an adult thinking about taking the plunge of getting braces to achieve the look you've always wanted, or just want to improve your dental health, I would absolutely tell you to go for it.  The time will pass anyway and much faster than you think it will.  When you're done, I think you'll be happy you did it.  I know I certainly am.  Now if you'll kindly excuse me, I need to go eat an apple off the core, peanut M&Ms, sticky caramel, and some crunchy corn chips.  :-)

6 comments:

  1. Looks great, congrats!
    -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Your smile looks lovely! I just went in for my retainer check-up today and now only have to wear it at night, so I'm excited, too. Braces were a long journey, but so well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria,
      Thanks! I agree that braces were definitely worth it to me too. I just got my retainer today and it is irritating my mouth and rubbing so much! Does it get better?

      Delete
  3. Your smile looks great! You must be glad to have them off, though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,
      Thank you! Yes, I am glad to have them off. Eating and flossing are so much easier now! :)

      Delete