Saturday, June 27, 2015
Hello friends! I'm just stopping by the blog for a bit to say that I'm going to be away for a bit. My husband and I were in Georgia last week and while he was there for work, I used it as a chance for a "vacation", since work on installing the iPads had finished up the Thursday before we left. However, I'm going to probably continue to be away for a bit longer, as I'm headed home to Pittsburgh to stay with my little sister as both my mother and father undergo some serious medical procedures. My younger sister has Down Syndrome and needs someone to be a caregiver for her 24/7. My older brother will be helping mom and dad as well but it will definitely be a stressful and difficult time for us all. That said, I'm not sure how much I'll be blogging. Sometimes during very serious and hard times, I can't think at all about such frivolous things as blogging and making videos and other times frivolous things are a great escape from reality. Anyway, please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully we'll all be back to life as usual soon.
Saturday, June 20, 2015
Below you'll find a list of all the makeup products I used in my Face of the Day for my Professional Wear Clothing Haul video.
Maybelline Super Stay 24HR Concealer in Cream (on fading red spots)
Pixi Brightening Peach Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach (undereye)
L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder in n1: Soft Ivory (undereye)
L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder in n2: Classic Ivory (rest of face)
Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Bronzer in Fair (along hairline)
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Pink Passion
Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Medium Brown
Nyx Control Freak Brow Gel
Cover Girl Colorlicious Lipstick in Darling Kiss
e.l.f. Plumping Lip Gloss in Fire Coral (clear side over CG lipstick for shine)
Milani Eye Shadow Primer
L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe (lid & lower lashline)
Wet N Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Single in Brulee (highlight)
Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Espresso (top lashline & lower waterline)
Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Classic Black
Hi friends! This post goes hand in hand with my latest YouTube Video. Here you will find web links/more information on all of the items mentioned in my Professional Wear Clothing Haul.
1. Floral pink pleated crepe blouse:
From Kohl’s (Sizes: Petite PXS-PXL; Women’s S-XL; Plus 1X-OX )
From Kohl’s (Sizes: Petite PXS-PXL; Women’s S-XL; Plus 1X-OX )
From Sears (Sizes: Petite PS-PXL; Women’s S-XL)
From Belk (Sizes: Petite; Women’s)
5. Purple mock turtleneck:
From Belk (Sizes: PetiteP S-PXL; Women’s S-XL)
From Belk (Sizes Petite PP-PL; Womens S-XL; Plus 1X-3X)
From JC Penney (Sizes Petite 2-16 & Petite short 2-16; Misses 4-18 & Misses Short 4-18 & Misses Long 4-18)
From Payless (regular and wide sizes 5-13)
10. Rosetti laptop bag:From Ross
Friday, June 12, 2015
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Monday, June 8, 2015
I know I'm not going to have time to do a May Empties video this week and I didn't have that many empties anyway, so I thought it would just be faster and easier for me to do a blog post instead. Let's start with the hair and makeup products I finished.
1. Garnier Fructis Style Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist - I've been using this product for some time now. I think this is the second or third bottle I've gone through and I've already repurchased it. I love the way it protects my hair from heat without weighing it down.
2. Salon Grafix Invisible Dry Spray Shampoo - This is an all time favorite product for me. This dry shampoo gives my hair texture without feeling like it's too heavy with product and it absorbs oils for me like a charm. And in my dark hair, it doesn't leave any weird white cast, no matter how much you use.
3. Bed Head TIGI After Party Smoothing Creme - I've used this item for a few years now when I want my hair to look shiny. I haven't been using it every day lately because I've been going for a more matte, textured look lately. (See #4 below)
4. Garnier Fructis De-Constructed Texture Tease - I've been using this product for about six weeks now and I really like how it gives texture without feeling greasy or heavy and it gives a matte finish. It's really affordable but just be careful not to use too much or it can make your hair sort of stick together at the ends. I've already gone through two full cans of this and I'm on my third. The downside is that the cans are small but I always find them on sale at CVS for around $3.
5. Maybelline Define-A-Brow Pencil in Medium Brown - I think I go through one of these brow pencils about every four to six weeks. It feels like I'm always buying one but they really do the job and seem to match my brows pretty well.
And next we'll move on to skin care items.
6. Olay Daily Facials - Each night, these dry clothes get dampened and help me take off my makeup. They do a great job of removing almost everything (including waterproof mascara).
7. Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment (16 oz.) - I use this giant bottle of benzoyl peroxide morning and night to help prevent acne. It's pretty pricey, running over $40 a bottle with shipping on Amazon.com but I only have to buy it twice a year and it really does a great job of keeping my face clear. If you're struggling with acne, I suggest checking out Acne.org. They do sell their own products but they also recommend ones from the drugstore that you can use to clear your acne. It was the only thing that worked for me and I swear by it now.
8. Top Care Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes - For any stubborn smudges of leftover eyeliner or other eye makeup, I use these store brand makeup wipes that I get at my local Winn-Dixie. They don't irritate my sensitive eye area and they are almost always on sale. I like them better than all of the other more expensive competing brands that I've tried.
Those are my May empties! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have more products to share when June is over, seeing as it's only June 8th and I already have three products that I've used up.
Sunday, June 7, 2015
I interviewed for the job on Monday and found out Thursday morning that I got it! Thursday was the last day of the school year for me and all these things coming together at once lead to a really busy week and weekend cleaning, packing, and moving out of my classroom. Plus, even though I'm technically on summer vacation right now, I start work on Monday at one of our Title I schools installing iPads into our MDMS. This will be a part of my job when I officially start but I'm being paid extra to work over the summer so we can help the tech team to get the 600+ new iPads into the system before next school year. I already know how to do this so I was offered to work extra hours at my hourly rate to get it done. My official start date for my new position as Title I Specialist will not begin until July 20th (I'll be an eleven month employee now), but I'm working for most of the summer except the time I'll be back in Pennsylvania to visit family. With everything going on all at once this week, I didn't get a chance to shoot my empties or favorites videos or any of the blog posts that I wanted to get to but I'm excited about all the things happening in my offline life right now.
This morning, I finally had time to run down and get my hair trimmed, as it had been six weeks and I needed a trim as well as a bit of a change to my previous haircut. I wanted to go just a bit shorter and I was inspired by the popular textured bobs being sported by people like Lauren Conrad and Julianne Hough. I took this picture to my stylist, which was pretty similar to how my hair was cut before, just a bit shorter. I love that it's low maintenance because it's choppy and it doesn't have to be perfect to look good. I'm ready to start my summer work in style now!