Thursday, November 26, 2015

October/November Empties

I have some empties from October and the first half of November to share today. Let's start with the makeup that I finished off.


L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder in n1 Soft Ivory and n2 Classic Ivory.  I find the n2 shade suits me better.  I really like this powder and I've already repurchased n2.  However, I'm also currently trying out a different powder that is literally half the price.  True Match can run anywhere from $9 - $12 and I just feel like that's a lot for a powder, especially because I tend to go through powder quickly.

Maybelline Colossal Volum Express Waterproof Mascara in Classic Black.  This is my absolute favorite mascara.  It holds a curl and gives me natural definition that I just love.

Maybelline Colossal Volum Express Mascara in Glam Black.  I like this mascara too, just not quite as much as the waterproof version.  I think this version defines my lower lashes better but it doesn't hold a curl well and that's something that's important to this straight lashed gal.

NYC Big Bold Angel Lash Mascara.  I was not a fan of this mascara at all.  It's one of those really big wands which just ends up getting mascara all over my eyes and is more effort than it's worth.  I would not repurchase this.

Carmex Lip Balm.  I love this lip balm.  It's just perfect and keeps my lips moisturized.  It also works well over lipsticks for some shine and hydration.  I've used it for years and I always keep extras on hand.  I have one in my purse, next to the couch, in my desk at work, in my nightstand, in my bathroom, and at my makeup area.  Just a little obsessed.  And the best part?  It only costs about a buck!

Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Medium Brown.  This is a great basic brow pencil.  I have already repurchased this but I'm also trying out another brow product right now.  I feel like this pencil doesn't have the greatest staying power so I want to see how a tinted brow gel compares.

Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Espresso.  This is a great every day eyeliner with good staying power.  I've already repurchased this but lately I haven't been wearing eyeliner.  I just stink at it so for the past five or six days I've been wearing a dark shadow as liner instead.  It just feels a little more foolproof and easier for me to apply.



Moving on to hair care...
Salon Grafix Invisible Dry Spray Shampoo.  I already repurchased this.  I love this dry shampoo because it doesn't leave a white cast in my dark hair.  While I tend to wash my hair every day, I have fine straight hair that gets oily quickly at the roots.  A bit of this revives my hair in the morning and gives it some volume as well.

Garnier Fructis Root Amp.  This was okay but I'm not sure that I would repurchase it.  It does give your hair some volume and it dries quickly with a blow dryer but the texture when you spray it in is incredibly sticky and awful.  When it dries, that texture goes away but it just turned me off a little bit.

Garnier Fructis Texture Tease.  I've gone through probably about seven bottles of this stuff since I cut my hair short this past spring and I just love it.  It gives my hair texture and a little grit, which works out really well for my fine hair.  It also adds a lot of volume.  I definitely recommend it for my fine haired friends but if you do try it, be aware that you should start out lightly and gradually add in more because you can add too much and give yourself a helmet head sort of feel.


And last but not least, skin care empties...
Top Care Makeup Remover Wipes X2.  This are the best makeup wipes I've found.  They do a great job, are affordable, and don't irritate my eyes.  I get them at Winn-Dixie and I always wait for a sale and then stock up.

Equate All Day Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin with SPF 15.  This is my favorite day time moisturizer.  Higher levels of SPF tend to really irritate my skin and make me break out in a rash but this one is the perfect thickness and is gentle on my sensitive skin.

Up & Up Eye Serum.  This is a good undereye cream.  I might buy it again in the future but right now I'm trying out a different one and I think I like it better.  One thing that really annoyed me about this particular product is that it comes in a pump bottle, but then you either have to scrape the last one third of the bottle out (a pain!) or waste a lot of the product.  The one I'm trying right now comes in a squeezy tube.

CVS Moisturizing Lotion.  This is the store brand that compares to Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion.  To be honest, I like the CVS brand better!  I currently have the Cetaphil brand because it was all they had at whatever store I was at when I ran out.  The CVS one has a slightly better texture in my opinion but they are so similar that it doesn't really matter all that much to me.  I think this is a great product for adding some serious moisture back into your skin.  I use it at night on my face, hands, feet, or anywhere else I need some hydration.

Those are my empties!  I tried to wait until the end of November but my empties basket was filled to the brim!  What products have you used up lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment