Monday, October 12, 2015

Dollar General Haul


I stopped in to Dollar General today and picked up a few makeup items.  I wanted a few more blushes to add to my blush palette, a clear lip gloss, and I needed a new concealer.

L.A. Colors Blusher & Deluxe Blush in Blushing Rose - I picked up this blush for only $2.  I noticed it was a packaging of L.A. Colors blush that I had never tried before.  The color was really vibrant and I just wanted to see if it was any good.  I'll let you know once I've had the chance to try it.
Cover Girl Clean Invisible Concealer in Light - I needed a new concealer to replace my really old Maybelline Super Stay concealer that was so old it was gross.  This was one of the only ones that Dollar General had but I wasn't sure if I should go with the shade Fair or Light.  I settled on Light since the lighest shade usually ends up being a little too light on me.  We'll see though.
Wet N Wild Mega Slicks Lip Gloss in Crystal Clear - I wanted a clear gloss to wear over top of lip sticks.  I've tried these glosses before and didn't recall them being goopy and heavy the way some glosses are.
Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Pretty Peach - I've almost used up one of these blushes so this one was basically a replacement for one I already know I love.
Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Rock 'N Rose - I also wanted a rose colored blush to add to my palette.  I was torn between this one and the one in Natural Rose.  This shade was far darker but I was afraid that Natural Rose was so light that it wouldn't show up.  We'll see if that decision pays off or not.

I'm really excited, especially to try out the new blushes.  I've already depotted them and added all of them to my palette.  One little thing that will make tomorrow morning a little more bearable.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you can find CG products at the dollar store, what a steal! I'm curious to know how the Rock n Rose blush works on your skin tone.

    -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at Dollar General but it was actually about $4. I wish it was one dollar though! It looks really good on my fair skin. It's not super pigmented but I would say it's buildable, which I like because I don't have to be so super careful with it.

      Delete